Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I decided to paint my Vegas 8-ball. Ive always wanted smoked ghost flames. I started with the side covers incase it was a disaster :rolleyes:. So here it is.. what do you think? Boyfriend said "not bad for a girl" thumb up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Better than I could do. Nice design.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
813 Posts
looks good. Wish I could do that.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Looks good to me. Now where do you live, so I can bring my scoot over for some paint. :D

You rattle can or what?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks good! I've been wanting to do flat black tribals over my gloss black Kingpin, but I'm too scared I'll mess it up

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
You may have a career in front of you. If you didn't live in the opposite corner of the country.....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
VERY good work. With painting like that, don't hesitate to do the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I actually painted with a gun. Nason basecoat (Chrysler brilliant black). Then I cleared it. Then I went sanded with 400, taped off flames. I used an airbrush to apply clearcoat mixed with SEM Silver pearl in the flame area. One more wet sand to get rid of ridges and give it the "ghost look" and then a final shot of clear. Took me nearly all day to do the 2 side panels, but I think its pretty cool. Cant wait for the whole bike to be done!

Dont be afraid to try this. Is seems much more intimidating than it really is. If I can do this, anyone can :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wonder how much a shop would have charged?
There is a guy on eBay that will do 2 fenders and a tank for $700 plus shipping both ways. I'm sure he's a whole lot more efficient that I am. But this is an awful lot of work. Once I'm done at least I can claim the glory for it though ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
That looks great! Don't forget to do multiple clear coats also.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Very nice do when can I make an appointment to do my scoot lol. I'm jealous, I don't have equipment nor patience. I was painting my fairing and flobbed it up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think you just pushed me over the edge. I've been debating over doing paint on an old Suzuki Volusia I have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts