Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Backfire

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  diamondrmp 
#1 ·
Help !!! I bought a new leftover 2008 Kingpin, had the dealer install Victory Stage One Swept Pipes before delivery, took posession of the bike and it's been backfiring ever since. At the 500 mile service the dealer blew me off blaming the problem on the closed loop fuel injection system, stating there was nothing they could so it's the nature of the beast. I can't be the only person this has happened to. Cars use a closed loop injection system and they don't backfire. Sounds to me like Victory can't get the right mapping software. If anyone out there has experienced this problem or is now please talk to me. With extras I spent $18,000.00 on this bike. I'm not at all willing to accept you have to live with it.

#2 ·
Help !!! I bought a new leftover 2008 Kingpin, had the dealer install Victory Stage One Swept Pipes before delivery, took posession of the bike and it's been backfiring ever since. At the 500 mile service the dealer blew me off blaming the problem on the closed loop fuel injection system, stating there was nothing they could so it's the nature of the beast. I can't be the only person this has happened to. Cars use a closed loop injection system and they don't backfire. Sounds to me like Victory can't get the right mapping software. If anyone out there has experienced this problem or is now please talk to me. With extras I spent $18,000.00 on this bike. I'm not at all willing to accept you have to live with it.[/QU

quickvic-usa.com IAC valve give that a try, but just an FYI and not to be a further bearer of bad news, but it truely is the nature of the beast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.