Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 Kingpin with Stage 1 exhaust kit. It seems to be backfiring a lot more than it should, it idles rough and the engine seems to cruise rough at certain speeds also. Does anyone have any thoughts about what it might be and a possible fix? I'm new to Victory, so looking for ideas before I take it in.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just bought a 2004 Kingpin with Stage 1 exhaust kit. It seems to be backfiring a lot more than it should, it idles rough and the engine seems to cruise rough at certain speeds also. Does anyone have any thoughts about what it might be and a possible fix? I'm new to Victory, so looking for ideas before I take it in.
Yes, search "backfire" and "backfiring" on the forum, this is heavily discussed.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
From most of what I have read on the forums I have been on, the backfiring threads are mostly regarding the closed loop bikes.
I have an 05 Kingpin and backfiring is pretty much non existent.The only time mine had backfiring problems is when I first got it and it had somehow lost it's TPS setting.I have also had some backfiring happen when my throttle bodies get gummed up and the bike loads up from running rich.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
From most of what I have read on the forums I have been on, the backfiring threads are mostly regarding the closed loop bikes.
I have an 05 Kingpin and backfiring is pretty much non existent.The only time mine had backfiring problems is when I first got it and it had somehow lost it's TPS setting.I have also had some backfiring happen when my throttle bodies get gummed up and the bike loads up from running rich.

Put in backfire in the search feature and there are a few threads on the open loop bikes here.

Not sure which forums you're talking about but I bought my bike in 06 and joined some forums and the backfiring has been in threads dated before I joined.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts