Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 Jackpot is driving me crazy. It has the Ness swept pipes on it and remapped all from the dealer.
Several things are happining:
1 When I start up and let idle there is a popping coming from the exhaust.
2. When running it up through the gears I get a backfire between shifts
3. Lastly, on a cool day, less than 80 degrees F it will not come off fast idle for a long time or surge back and forth between fast and slow idle.
I had it in the dealer last fall and they could not find a problem.
Any thoughts out there?????

·
Registered
75 Posts
similar

sounds just like my 07 JP. I am in negotiations w/ the shop i purchased mine from to download the correct map (05 hammer drag map)

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
My first thought is an intake leak somewhere in the fuel system but also might be at the exhaust intake.

I've been known to spray carb cleaner or even engine starting fluid in, on, and around the areas I suspect of sucking air.

A faulty MAP would be something worth looking at too as mentioned. The dealer can reload the MAP for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing found

Dealer just had the bike for two days. Map and computer checked, plugs looked good. They talked to Polaris who said this random issue is a issue with the air system on 09's (first year used?) and I just have to live with it.
I may try another dealer to get another opinion.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I am having an issue with more backfiring under downshift so this weekend, replace plugs, sea foam, and clean throttle bodies and check exhaust. If it continues after that it is one of the downsides to short pipes I have ground pounders (blasters) I heard it both ways.

·
Registered
58 Posts
check the exhaust bolts on the engine head to see if there are loose , my was causing the same problem, i tighted them up little to no popping at all now

spoons

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Went and tightened bolts sure enough one on each side loose. Amazing how you guys have the correct info every time. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts