Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a few guys selling the backrest to the CC here...and I've seen the backrest + mounts on sale online. The descriptions are unfortunately light on details however.

It looks like...it bolts to the side and there's some sort of vinyl strap that holds the backrest mount on?

Does the rider's seat have to have a perforation/hole for the backrest?

Do I have to buy a new seat to get the backrest? Stock at the moment.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The OEM seat has a slit cut in it from the factory. If you didn't get the driver backrest there is a leather strap installed that sticks through the slit. I didn't install a backrest but I did remove the leather strap. If I remember correctly, there are two bolts under the seat that holds the strap on. The same spot is used to install the backrest mount. Then you re-install the seat and stick the backrest post into the mount through the pre-existing slit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just installed one yesterday on my '13 XCT. The bracket mounts with two bolts to frame under the seat cutout. The backrest slides into a channel with a nylon glider to give it friction to hold at set height. You can raise and lower the rest as well as make lumbar adjustments and lean angle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh.

I really don't remember there being a leather strap /hole. Granted I've only ridden the bike 50 miles...perhaps I'll have to uncover it tomorrow and take a look.

1. Backrest
  2. Undercarriage lights
  3. Saddlebag Details
  4. Shortened Antenna
So much to do till spring...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dashbarron,

I've only got 260 on mine. The strap is therethumb up the dealer is supposed to put the strap on the bike. I believe it is a safety requirement much like the amber and red reflectors sticky taped to front forks and saddlebags.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strap IS there. Boy don't I feel silly.

Trying to determine if a new/used backrest plate is worth the cost or just splurge on a new Mustang seat or what not.

I had a Mustang on my old metric and I can't really say it felt largely better on the rump--but it had a backrest.

I will have to measure the seat on my CC tonight and see how wide it is, I believe Mustang's are 15.5". It seems butt comfort is both softness and width on a seat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was very fortunate and picked up a backrest and bracket from a forum member in the classified section. Great price and it was in excellent condition. We'll worth the price. As far as replacing your seat, give the stock seat a chance, and if you decide to change, know that the stock backrest probably won't work. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts