Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Utopia backrest, it's very comfortable. But it pushes me forward and I end up almost sitting on the gas tank. Is there an alternative that won't push me forward?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Vic backrest has a screw that allows for adjustment forward or back. It sits a bit too far back for me. Maybe we should trade.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the grasshopper backrest. It doesn't push me forward.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Vic backrest has a screw that allows for adjustment forward or back. It sits a bit too far back for me. Maybe we should trade.

Do you have a side shot of it so I can see how it fits in relation to the seat?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the grasshopper backrest. It doesn't push me forward.
I've looked at the grasshopper backrest because it is priced WAY lower than the OEM backrest offered by Victory. My question is does it need the support bracket that is needed by Ma Victory to secure the backrest? If so, does Grasshopper offer that or is it included?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here's a side shot of the Victory backrest. This is adjusted about as far back as it can go.

Rob

·
Registered
298 Posts
The fix for the Victory backrest is quick, cheap, and simple. Take the mounting post off the backrest. Put the bar in a press (just about every shop has one) and press it flat - problem solved. Still has plenty of adjustment in both directions.
Can be done in a big vise as well with a large cresent wrench to bend it straight.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
cant you do that on the utopia too. i use my vic backrest
on the ultimate seat and bend to preference. you still have
the setscrew for fine tuning as you ride and move around.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you have a side shot of it so I can see how it fits in relation to the seat?
Not the best side shot but I'll try to get additional ones tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've looked at the grasshopper backrest because it is priced WAY lower than the OEM backrest offered by Victory. My question is does it need the support bracket that is needed by Ma Victory to secure the backrest? If so, does Grasshopper offer that or is it included?
I just put a Grass Hopper back rest on my vision. Everything you need for the back rest comes with it. No other parts are needed. Also it does not push you forward. Takes about 5 min. to installcheers

·
Registered
324 Posts
Grasshopper comes with everything. I ordered mine from ebay. Right around $100.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a side shot of the Victory backrest. This is adjusted about as far back as it can go.

Rob
It looks like it sits as far forward as the Utopia, and has more hardware in the way of the passenger.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It looks like it sits as far forward as the Utopia, and has more hardware in the way of the passenger.
That's the passenger grab strap. It also has a small pocket on the back side. It's not really that bulky.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i have the grasshopper, ordered with less padding in it so it didnt push me forward.

·
13,002 Posts
pull it out turn the bar around and flip the pad over that should do it

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a piece which I purchased from Utopia that fastens to the base at the seat and allows you to sit back from the gas tank. I think it cost like $15. Call utopia or check online look under more goodies when you look at your bike and they have what they call a set back it allows you to move back 1". Here is the link. Hope this helps.

http://www.utpr.com/setback.html

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a piece which I purchased from Utopia that fastens to the base at the seat and allows you to sit back from the gas tank. I think it cost like $15. Call utopia or check online look under more goodies when you look at your bike and they have what they call a set back it allows you to move back 1". Here is the link. Hope this helps.

http://www.utpr.com/setback.html
Thanks! I just ordered one of those.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts