Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Sunday was my birthday and I decided to take a relaxing ride. About 20 minutes into the ride, on a 2 lane back road, this guy in an suv coming from the other direction drifts over into my lane, leaving me very little lane to travel. As I passed his drivers door mirror, I could see him looking down at what appeared to be his cell phone. He didn't hit me and I didn't crash, but it pissed me off and I thought since he kept going, the least I could do is turn around and catch him, which I did. When I pulled up beside him at a light, I yelled at him " man you almost hit me head on! " As he continued to look at his phone he mumbled an uncaring "sorry" and nothing else. I told him what I thought about his sorry and his comment was "it's the chance you take". He then pulled off and to make this a shooter post, he hit a mailbox- I called the highway patrol and when they returned my call two hours later they said they could do nothing even with the tag number and the fact that I witnessed him hit a mailbox.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
So glad you came out of that OK, it could have been otherwise. I have often thought about what I might do if that were me, since I have already been hit by someone on a cell phone while on my bike. At that point, while I am discussing the situation with the errant driver, I would want to quickly reach in, grab their phone, stomp on it and hand the pieces back to said driver and walk back to my bike.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
So last Sunday was my birthday and I decided to take a relaxing ride. About 20 minutes into the ride, on a 2 lane back road, this guy in an suv coming from the other direction drifts over into my lane, leaving me very little lane to travel. As I passed his drivers door mirror, I could see him looking down at what appeared to be his cell phone. He didn't hit me and I didn't crash, but it pissed me off and I thought since he kept going, the least I could do is turn around and catch him, which I did. When I pulled up beside him at a light, I yelled at him " man you almost hit me head on! " As he continued to look at his phone he mumbled an uncaring "sorry" and nothing else. I told him what I thought about his sorry and his comment was "it's the chance you take". He then pulled off and to make this a shooter post, he hit a mailbox- I called the highway patrol and when they returned my call two hours later they said they could do nothing even with the tag number and the fact that I witnessed him hit a mailbox.
It sounds as though he would have been killed if you had been in a semi truck instead. Probably should have said something to let him know that the ONLY reason HE was still alive was because you were an alert and skilled biker & he could thank you for that by PUTTING DOWN THE STUPID PHONE!!!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
So glad you came out of that OK, it could have been otherwise. I have often thought about what I might do if that were me, since I have already been hit by someone on a cell phone while on my bike. At that point, while I am discussing the situation with the errant driver, I would want to quickly reach in, grab their phone, stomp on it and hand the pieces back to said driver and walk back to my bike.
Cept he's prolly packing and would be justified in killing you for breaking his phone in some part of the country...

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Cept he's prolly packing and would be justified in killing you for breaking his phone in some part of the country...
Silly boy, Saddle. I never leave home without it and I would have my hand on it from the time I got off my bike. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to add that.thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Yeah. Kinda makes ya wish the peckerhead would do something stupid like that so the shoot would be justified. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
So now Moe and Curly are wanting to shoot stupid people? You guys are the poster children for gun control:mad:

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
So now Moe and Curly are wanting to shoot stupid people? You guys are the poster children for gun control:mad:
And you are the poster boy for the need for liberals to all get frontal lobotomies.

Why do you even post when you only have negative things to say?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Glad to hear you missed the @$$clown and good that you caught up with him so you could vent. Unfortunately your call to the cops continues to prove that they are never there when you need them. Serve and protect seems to be more like park and avoid...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yeah your a ray of sunshine with wanting to go around shooting people that are stupid or disagree with you. Like I said earlier its people like you that should never be allowed to have a gun. Carry on

Happy Birthday and glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Hey Fellas...I gotta plan. Let's ignore Azdave when he posts like he did above. We all know that he wants everyone to go unprotected from the baddies and adores his lib heroes. So anything we say is not going to improve his warped, leftist mind. Why even respond to his inane and accusatory comments? Should he post something that adheres to the facts and the subject, then, and only then, do we respond to him. Otherwise, he's invisible. Agreed?

·
Registered
12,162 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did someone say shoot him!

Heck, all I wanted to do is find out where he lives and throw nails in his driveway. Note to self: Must work on my level of violence. Lol. Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I tell ya: I know myself and after I get past a certain point of angry, well you might say: you won't like me when I'm angry, so I try and practice being a kinder, Gentler- Jim, although stupid, indifferent, inconsiderate people really get under my skin. Kill, mame, destroy! Nice Jim. Nice Jim.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thats why I sew lead fishing weights under my arms on my leather jacket. I too have been hit by people on their cell phones - one girl spread me across the Bay Bridge at 40 mph because she had to change lanes while reading a text message.

So now, if I yell at them and they just say sorry, I break their windshield with a lead weight and say "Oh, sorry" with a big sh*t-eating grin on my face. Another favorite thing to do is smash their mirrors with my armored gloves, and telling them "Well, face it - its not like you USED the damn thing, a**hat!"

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thats why I sew lead fishing weights under my arms on my leather jacket. I too have been hit by people on their cell phones - one girl spread me across the Bay Bridge at 40 mph because she had to change lanes while reading a text message.

So now, if I yell at them and they just say sorry, I break their windshield with a lead weight and say "Oh, sorry" with a big sh*t-eating grin on my face. Another favorite thing to do is smash their mirrors with my armored gloves, and telling them "Well, face it - its not like you USED the damn thing, a**hat!"
You're funny, and I hope you're joking. If you're not kidding, may I purchase life insurance on you? :D Some folks behind the wheel don't need much to be provoked into running you over. And statistics show the biker's always on the short end of the stick.

Ride defensively and avoid the morons as much as you can. Don't try teaching them any lessons, unless you're willing to give your life for it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Well at least so-crates is not saying to shoot them

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Well at least so-crates is not saying to shoot them
Shooting a crazy cager is better than pissing him off by throwing things at his car and fueling his rage to run you over. Although, if shooting is someone's first choice, they have to be willing to spend the rest of their life in jail. :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts