Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the worst and I don't believe it can be topped. On Aug 16, 2011 I took by bike to the dealer for repair. I droped it going 23mph and accidently hit a curb on a turn. Anyway after various part backorders and other stories I got my half ass repair completed and bike returned to me on Nov. 25; 3 months I waited and the estimate was $6982.00. When I paid these guys I got my bike back to the house and all my indicator lights were out and the wires were cut! I don't understand how a Victory dealer can operate this way. To get my "N" neutral light and the other light to work I took the headlight off and spliced them back together. All is ok now and I will never take it back there. I feel lucky to have escaped!

They told me when I left with the bike the reason the neutral light did not work was a shifter sensor (on back-order)....BS! I know more than they do when it comes to fixing a bike.... Sh__t!

ALL I CAN SAY NOW ABOUT VICTORY IS LET THE BUYER BEWARE; IT IS UP TO YOU TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR EQUIPTMENT.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Unfortunately some of the dealers have hired butchers in their service department. By the way, which Vic dealer are you warning us about? :) Thanks for the heads up. thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Anyone ever needing service/repair stay away from SuperBike Shop in Evansville, IN - the next closest is 70 miles +/- north or south in either Vincennes, IN or south in Hopkinsville, KY (that's where I take mine when I need something done I cannot do)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Anyone ever needing service/repair stay away from SuperBike Shop in Evansville, IN - the next closest is 70 miles +/- north or south in either Vincennes, IN or south in Hopkinsville, KY (that's where I take mine when I need something done I cannot do)
I learned my lesson on SuperBike shop years ago on a dirt bike that they gigged me on repairs and when I went to get a chain for my 4wheeler.Chain cost almost $100 then he wanted to charge another $10 to cut it to size.When it comes time for a repair I cant do myself I will head to Hopkinsville.
Do fret though HD dearships are just as bad if not worse

·
13,247 Posts
Its a shame you fixed it.
Once you found the problem I would have gone back to the dealer and found the service manger and the store owner and showed them.
I would have wined enough to wear I would have gotten a huge store discount for life.
Glade your up and running

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you ride scooters long enough you're going to experience bad dealerships or hear someone else rag on a dealership you thought was excellent. Same with car dealerships. Just the way it is.......

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you ride scooters long enough you're going to experience bad dealerships or hear someone else rag on a dealership you thought was excellent. Same with car dealerships. Just the way it is.......
I would understand a few POed at a dealer but the one I mentioned didnt just screw me and Toejam but my boss has bought 2 KTM bikes from this shop and both times he got shafted.Sounds like a problem to me.thumb up

·
Registered
66 Posts
6900.00 What the hell did you drop it on? It sounds like a RETARDED amount of money are you sure you didnt drop it off at Harley by mistake?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The damage

6900.00 What the hell did you drop it on? It sounds like a RETARDED amount of money are you sure you didnt drop it off at Harley by mistake?
The estimate included a cracked head; although there was not a mark on the engine or tank. Most of the damage was on the right foot pad and throttle grip. A month later I was told that the 2nd/3rd gear was broken also. These were the most expensive among fixing front fender and various other little things.

I will say the owner finally heard about my problems and called to say he would pick up my bike and re-do any issues, throw in some free accessories and return in 2 days.

I declined because first experience was so bad, non responsive staff and I believe the tech was not certified or lacked experience; I will never go back to that dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
The estimate included a cracked head; although there was not a mark on the engine or tank. Most of the damage was on the right foot pad and throttle grip. A month later I was told that the 2nd/3rd gear was broken also. These were the most expensive among fixing front fender and various other little things.

I will say the owner finally heard about my problems and called to say he would pick up my bike and re-do any issues, throw in some free accessories and return in 2 days.

I declined because first experience was so bad, non responsive staff and I believe the tech was not certified or lacked experience; I will never go back to that dealer.
Did you ask to see second and third gear? My advice is that when you go to ANY dealership ask them to save the parts cause if you wrecked second and third just by dropping it im sure victory would have a lot more transmission issues

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See parts

The folks at Freedom Power Sports in Cumming, Ga. responded to all my request in the following manner:

1. Why do you care your insurance is paying the bill?
2. Why do you want to see your bike?
3. We cannot give you your broken parts, they belong to the insurance company; this is contrary to Georgia law.

This job took over 4 months! ridiculus and I will never go back NEVER!

If you go there be careful.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont know so much if the higher ups at victory read this....However i did see one episode on face book that the customer was so angry the guys @ victory had him email that personally Under victory motorcycles by the way

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Evansville SuperBike Shop return policies....

Just to show what kind of store we have here, read all the f**ked up garbage at the bottom of the receipt. I know there should be some rules about returns, but this place is toooooooooo much.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Unfortunately some of the dealers have hired butchers in their service department. By the way, which Vic dealer are you warning us about? :) Thanks for the heads up. thumb up
You know customer service is at an all time low. Car dealers are the same way. How do these places stay in business is beyond me. I have a lawn mower shop down the road (snapper). He has screwed so many people over the years and he wanders why his business is so bad. Word of mouth and the internet helps find the good dealers and service shops. So tell everyone who it is and where they are located to save the next guy..

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
The folks at Freedom Power Sports in Cumming, Ga. responded to all my request in the following manner:

1. Why do you care your insurance is paying the bill?
2. Why do you want to see your bike?
3. We cannot give you your broken parts, they belong to the insurance company; this is contrary to Georgia law.

This job took over 4 months! ridiculus and I will never go back NEVER!

If you go there be careful.
looks like they went out of business or they are not paying their web bill..http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/noticetocustomers2.htm

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's my dealer complaint. I bought my 11 Vegas last year, paid cash. I have since been to the same dealer for everything, sometimes I even pop in and leave with a Vic tee just because. Now last week I ordered some hole shoot engine covers. When I went to pay I asked when I was going to start getting a deal? She just smiled and rang them in full price. I said seriously,?? Not even 10%? She said nope.

Really? Not even 10%?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts