Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You might also want to check the alignment of the right fork on the axle. The axle screws tightly into the left fork so the spacers position the wheel and rotor into the left caliper. If the left caliper is OK, then I would assume the spacers are correct. But the right fork has pinch bolts to allow that fork to fall into it's natural position before it is clamped tight on the axle. That fork position then determines where the right caliper sits. Most important is that the forks are parallel. If the forks aren't parallel you will shorten the life of the seals and bushings in the forks.

Loosen the pinch bolts and then bounce the front suspension a few times to let the right fork shift on the axle - then tighten again.

Before making the above adjustment be sure your right caliper is free to slide - or better, remove the caliper to let the fork move freely.

* The longer spacer is on the left side *

View attachment 252390
This was exactly the problem. The left fork was just pushed on as far as it could go and it made the caliper rest right on the rotor. It restricted the movement of everything when braking and would just get worse as things got hot. I adjusted it. Cleaned everything. Bleed the front brakes and took it for a ride. Smooth braking.
Thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good to hear that fixed it. Beside your initial brake problem you saved the life of your forks. That misalignment would have chewed up the seals and bushings.

Enjoy the ride and ride safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Good to hear that fixed it. Beside your initial brake problem you saved the life of your forks. That misalignment would have chewed up the seals and bushings.

Enjoy the ride and ride safe!
Good job of recognizing the problem and presenting a solution.

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Good job of recognizing the problem and presenting a solution.
There are a lot of riders that get help on this site. I'm glad it is around when we need help figuring something out. It's not just help with our motorcycles, it's plumbing, wiring in the house/shop, automotive and more.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts