Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Hammer won the Victory Motorcycle Special Award at the Verona Motor Bike Expo in Italy. If you want to see other winners; click on the link below.

2016 Verona Motor Bike Expo. Custom Chrome Europe Bike Show Winners. at Cyril Huze Post ? Custom Motorcycle News

We aren't used to seeing a springer on a Victory and I'm sure lots of people would say "why would anyone want to go backwards and lose handling" and they would be right but as they say; 'different strokes for different folks'. Personally; I really like the look. I don't really get this low handlebar trend though. I would much prefer either something like the Ness Fly Bars or mini apes for both handling and looks.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Brakes?!? I don't need no steenking brakes!

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Board racers never had brakes.
They only slow ya down!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Brakes?!? I don't need no steenking brakes!
I think i see very small disks front & rear. But it is not clear ...

That is a cool bike and front fork ... Wish it had a fatty tire ?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I think i see very small disks front & rear. But it is not clear ...
I think I see a front brake caliper on the leading edge. Can't make out what's on the rear.
Low bars and forward controls make for a "butt in the trashcan" riding position.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you got no baby maker in the way, you can lean over like that.
my problem area sits a little further north than the baby maker... my spare tire (or two)...
but i will say this, the more i see the contrast cut rims, the more i like them.. i probably won't end up with any of them, but definitely look slick.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They do some nice work! That is a much better picture. Thanks! I don't usually like brown on a bike but they did such a nice job on this one; it works.

I still say it would be much better if it had bars like maybe what the Highball has.

This springer has a biiiggg butt. :)

For more pics of this bike go here: PM American Cycles AG - Indian, Victory, und US Custombikes Spezialist

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm a fan of the cafe racer/boardtrack race style handlebars on a custom bike. Most other custom bikes are straight drag bars or some style of apes...I think these kind of bars make the bike stand out from the crowd.
This layout is something I would do to a new Scout if I get my hands on one with this type of springer front end and wide rear tire.
I agree I'm not usually a fan of brown on bike but this bike pulls it off nicely!?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a fan of the cafe racer/boardtrack race style handlebars on a custom bike. Most other custom bikes are straight drag bars or some style of apes...I think these kind of bars make the bike stand out from the crowd.
This layout is something I would do to a new Scout if I get my hands on one with this type of springer front end and wide rear tire.
I agree I'm not usually a fan of brown on bike but this bike pulls it off nicely!?
But would you be comfortable all folded in half like that for more than a few miles. I'm on the older side with metal in my lower back so that just wouldn't work for me personally but I could see someone in their 20's or maybe 30's riding locally and maybe even put in a couple hundred miles in a day with lots of stops.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Those bars would be fine...
At over 100mph

·
Registered
209 Posts
But would you be comfortable all folded in half like that for more than a few miles. I'm on the older side with metal in my lower back so that just wouldn't work for me personally but I could see someone in their 20's or maybe 30's riding locally and maybe even put in a couple hundred miles in a day with lots of stops.

Built this one for the ol lady and she rides it daily weather permitting.and has even ridden it down and back to OC, MD (approx 200 miles) and only time we stopped was for gas (1 time each way). I've ridden it from time to time. surprisingly not that uncomfortable tho I look like a bear on a tricycle lol ImageUploadedByMO Free1453986305.763793.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice job on building this Sporty Cheez! Really stands out! One plus with this one is it has mid position pegs so at least the knees are bent. That would help quite a bit. People ride sport bikes in that position all the time so I guess its something bearable; especially at higher speeds when you have the wind holding you up somewhat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks I'm proud of it and she loves riding it. Even with it being a hardtail. I agree to have the turned down bars mid controls are a must. I even left the rear pegs on so at highway speed you can put your feet back on them for a more relaxed position

1 - 17 of 17 Posts