Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April in the Badlands.
Could suck worse.
Got my first days full riding in today and while I can't claim any 4 digit bragging rights I pounded out three tank fulls half of it on dirt, red dust that sticks like glue.
Anyways DAYUM!
My times at Sturgis deprived me of all this mostly due to sharing. I had to share all this with a bunch of grubby bikers. Today it was all about Pop. I bet I rode for two hours at one point without seeing anything breathing that had less than four legs except for some partridges. You can still be very much alone out here. It's friggin awesome.

Here's a few shots and yes, the red bike is filthy. It earned it. In that last shot them ain't cows. Big old bison with calves so I put the bike between them and me. Hey, say what you want to. I am fully prepared to sacrifice a perfectly good motorcycle if it gives my sorry ass a couple extra seconds head start.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
The family and I went out there a couple of years ago, but no Bikes. I would love to take the bike out there and ride.

·
13,038 Posts
the black hills is one of the prettiest places to ride. Would love to move there.
Pop if you think riding the roads out there is spectacular you should get a 4 wheeler and go back into the ghost tows and old cabins.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Hey Pop, didja ride the Needles and Iron Mountain Highways too? That's a great experience when its off season for the tourists and Sturgees.
Thanks for showing off my laydown license plate bracket too! I appreciate that bigtime.
Ric

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome place to ride through. One of my faves is Hwy 85 just north of the Black Hills. Flat, pretty straight and no one around for several hours. I take it up to North Dakota to see family. Very fun for top end speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts