Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I started a discussion with my brother and nephew about him (nephew) getting his first motorcycle. Of course, I immediately commented about how many Vics there are out there and how they can be had for some great prices. I started looking around at the older Vegas/KP bikes for him, but my brother eventually chimed in and told me to stop being an enabler since my nephew isn't quite ready for his first bike. At this point, I continued to look at several Vegas bikes out there and found one that was the exact Vegas I tried to buy before my first Victory (2006 Vegas).

After some conversation back and forth with the guy, I realized it was really the Jackpot that I wanted. I inquired about a few that peaked my interest as well but they had either sold or were not willing to move on price. I happened to be perusing Craigslist and came across a posting that was about a month old for what was listed as a "one of a kind" 2008 Jackpot. I had every belief that the bike had already sold, but to my surprise, was still available. Being that I was out on the XR that day I decided to set up a time to take a look at the bike. The custom work done on this bike is great and it's fantastic to see the time put into it before I even looked at it. It needed a few things (tune-up/cleaning/etc.) but nothing serious at all, so I went for it. Brought it home 2 weekends ago and got it all squared away this past saturday to ride. It's definitely a fun bike for rides to work and around town and I'm keeping my XR and will have both bikes in the stable. I mean .. really though .. check out these badonkadonks!!

I've added LLoydz Timing Wheel/Torque Tubes/VFC III/Quarter turn throttle, Avon Grips, plugs/wires, new throttle body boot, LED headlight, RAM X-Grip mount, Innovate Wideband AFR for tuning, and flushed the brake system and replace the brake pads. I'm happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very nice bike, nice lines. One mean looking Vic.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
One bad-ass looking ride you got there. I dig it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
@roboots21 That's the way to do two my friend :cool:
Now I have to get up there to put eyeballs on the new scoot...soon

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Recently I started a discussion with my brother and nephew about him (nephew) getting his first motorcycle. Of course, I immediately commented about how many Vics there are out there and how they can be had for some great prices. I started looking around at the older Vegas/KP bikes for him, but my brother eventually chimed in and told me to stop being an enabler since my nephew isn't quite ready for his first bike. At this point, I continued to look at several Vegas bikes out there and found one that was the exact Vegas I tried to buy before my first Victory (2006 Vegas).

After some conversation back and forth with the guy, I realized it was really the Jackpot that I wanted. I inquired about a few that peaked my interest as well but they had either sold or were not willing to move on price. I happened to be perusing Craigslist and came across a posting that was about a month old for what was listed as a "one of a kind" 2008 Jackpot. I had every belief that the bike had already sold, but to my surprise, was still available. Being that I was out on the XR that day I decided to set up a time to take a look at the bike. The custom work done on this bike is great and it's fantastic to see the time put into it before I even looked at it. It needed a few things (tune-up/cleaning/etc.) but nothing serious at all, so I went for it. Brought it home 2 weekends ago and got it all squared away this past saturday to ride. It's definitely a fun bike for rides to work and around town and I'm keeping my XR and will have both bikes in the stable. I mean .. really though .. check out these badonkadonks!!

I've added LLoydz Timing Wheel/Torque Tubes/VFC III/Quarter turn throttle, Avon Grips, plugs/wires, new throttle body boot, LED headlight, RAM X-Grip mount, Innovate Wideband AFR for tuning, and flushed the brake system and replace the brake pads. I'm happy with my purchase!
Is it my eyes or have those bikes got raked trees?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it my eyes or have those bikes got raked trees?
Yes and no. So maybe one of your eyes is bad?!?!

Actually yeah the JP has the Kewlmetal KMPS 45* rake kit on it, but the guy also gave me the stock triple trees if I feel so inclined to go back to stock. It's a bit tough handling at low speeds but once you get moving, it's no worse than stock. And no on the XR, stock trees on that one. My brother has the 7* kit from Vic Baggers on his, and I didn't like how it made the big XR feel at low speeds, so I decided against putting that one on.

This pic shows better the rake of the two bikes ..

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts