Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Wondering if anyone has cut the baffle section out of the Vic std 2 into 1 pipe?

if so..

How was the noise increase?
Did you notice any difference if performance/power/popping?
are you happy that you have done it..?

Appreciate your feedback..bike attached..

regards,

Derekcheerscheers

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparantly the bit in question to remove from the baffle looks like a male appendage....

chopping it off i believe is the go..

anyone done it...:D:D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone.....:confused::confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the cats are only in the california pipes. I did pull mine apart. The baffle is welded in a cone that extends to the head pipe. I cut this off and uncapped the baffle. Now it was an open compatition baffle much like the one in a V&H pro pipe. The sound was more tinney. I welded the cap back on and it is better. It now matches the V&H street baffle.
I still might buy a full length baffle and some packing and try that.
I did notice that there is a small diamiter pipe in the muffler after the collector. This went inside the cone. I would think this would be a restriction.
Most 2-into-1 pipes are open after the collector and run through a full length open baffle.

·
13,247 Posts
The cats are in all header pipes in all bikes no mater where you live there in there

·
Registered
61 Posts
The cats are in all header pipes in all bikes no mater where you live there in there
I pulled the baffle back out today to search for the (cat). I put a half inch rubber hose all the way from the end of the muffler to the front bend going to the engine. No cat. Part# of the 49 state pipe is-2877253-156. This pipe not legal in Cal. The 50 state pipe#2877254-156 is the cal. pipe with cats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts