Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used lollipop baffles in big honkers if so what size did you use and what are your thoughts ?
I don`t want to quieten it down to much just trying to get some back pressure to see if it gets some better numbers on the dyno
Thanks

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Has anyone used lollipop baffles in big honkers if so what size did you use and what are your thoughts ?
I don`t want to quieten it down to much just trying to get some back pressure to see if it gets some better numbers on the dyno
Thanks
There was a thread or two on this years ago, do a search and hopefully you will find it.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Thanks
I used DK Thunder Torques(size 158, I believe) in Miller Mufflers a few years ago after pulling the cats to regain any lost back-pressure. First, believe me they won't quiet your bike down... They seemed to work pretty good power wise, I never did have the bike dyno'd with them in but it ran strong, I didn't detect any low end loss. The problem was the noise and drone was too much, on day trips my head would be ringing and my wife hated it. I ended up switching to Tri-Ovals which are much more baffled and they have been working awesome, even with DR cams and no cats, mine still pulls hard off the low-end.

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
Yeah I made some up for my Freedom Performance Slash pipes, did away with the rear sections with spiral louvres and got the local exhaust shop to bend me up some 2" pipe.
I drilled holes 4" back in from the end and welded a couple of washers to bolts then welded those into the pipes.
sounded real Tuff and eliminated the horrible Snarkle-ing sound you get with open pipes on decel overrun.
Picked up nearly 8 horse too!:devil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts