Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lined the inside of their bags or trunk with a felt like liner? If so what would you do different? What adhesive did you use and material? Just curious and looking for ideas.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you tried that "Search" feature at the top of the screen? I'll bet you get some hits on that one. thumb up

Cheers,
D.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I'm not that impressed with the built-in search functions on forums, even if some Google applet is being used. Instead, I use regular ol' Google, outside of the forum.

That is, you can tell Google -- www.google.com -- to look at only a given domain, and then do its thing. To do this, you just start the search box with site:, then enter the domain (and you can omit the www part), and then enter the search terms.

For instance, to search this site for, say, saddlebag liners, I brought up a regular www.google.com page, and in its search box I entered the following:

site:victoryforums.com saddlebag liners

The results I got back are much better than the results I got back when entering saddlebag liners in the drop-down search box on this forum page. Try it both ways, and see what you think.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I did try "search" but I didn't find what I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i never did install it but i bought some. trunk liner material at a local surplus hardware store, its a felt type material, but it by the yard, i was going to use spray in contact cement

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the only thing I'm finding is the witch doctors kit. I was looking for something a little more do it yourself, with the look of the Witchdoctors kit.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
About the only thing I'm finding is the witch doctors kit. I was looking for something a little more do it yourself, with the look of the Witchdoctors kit.

not following? not much more do it yourself then a roll of material and can of glue? are you trying to make removeable?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah I wasn't trying to make it removable just curious about the difficulty of installation and what materials might be better etc if I was to attempt to do it without a pre-cut set.

wspollack- Thank you! I found the saddlebag liner kit video buried on you tube last night. Thanks gentlemen!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I got the same one witch doctors sells. It was easy to install. Pieces are pre cut to fit. It includes adhesive.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I had the kit from here
http://www.saddlebaglinerkit.com/ for over a year, and am very happy with it. The only issue I have is when I throw my gloves with velcro closures in the bag, I have to make sure the hook portion doesn't come in contact with the liner. If it does the glove sticks to the liner and tries to pull it away from the bag.

I also got bag liners (soft luggage) and they work perfect together.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Yea my gloves stick too! I also have ear covers for my helmet which stick on to the helmet with Velcro.. I just keep them stuck to the top of the truck when not in use, just being careful when I pull them off.

Actually that site is where I got my liner.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks gents...that should be a nice project while it's 103 degrees outside. Now I have to convince the war department to let me bring the bike in the house! ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts