Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy
just a friendly comment here on bag bars..having recently won a week long battle with the flu - i was out for a roll in the desert...a beautiful 100 miles...coming back into my sub-div i hit about a 1 sq ft patch of grave...i was of course in a turn/lean and giving a bit of a twist...and down she went...but just for a blink of my eye...foot down - bar turn and a bit of a twist...and back up she went...a bit more and my hip would have separated...my bud says i had sparks all the way to nogales (70 miles)....in no small part the bag bars saved the show here...
again, just a comment as i had mostly considered the bag bars for parking lot or garage-screwup protection...so for now...it is party time cause...had it gone wrong...i would still be in the ER...

btw i have the az vic cop style bars...

cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
Those Arizona bag bars keeping moving their way closer to the top of my priority list...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
do they come in black powder coat?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had the police style bag bars on my now deceased XR. Coincidentally, they were installed at AZ Victory too. My bike was eaten by a Subaru last July. They saved the sides and bottoms of the bags, but not the bag lids... Not complaining... They did their job and then some....I didn't get them on my new XC because of the flame pattern, so I opted for the OEM style instead. Great for drop and go situations like yours and also for securing to a trailer....which is really the only reason I got them installed on this bike.....wac

·
13,262 Posts
I laughed pretty hard when i first saw the bag protector but it sounds like Vic engineers know what there doing.
Glade you came out on top thumb up

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well, they sure do the job they were intended for. I like the looks too, not just the function.
The AZ protectors cost twice as much as Victory. Are they twice as good??

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I hate the looks of the bag bars ( I have OEM) and I think the AZ bars are even worse but functions wins out over looks. Would rather have the ugly bars on than replace a bag.

·
Registered
35 Posts
a comment on ths az. victory police bag bars , yes they are twice as good as oem . and imo a whole !ell of alot better looking !!
and the victory engineers had nothing to do with the police bag bars, they are a product of az. victory . not polaris .
and yes i do think they come in black powercoat . but a bit of a wait or backorder .

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I don't really see how they are twice as good unless you dump the bike and it goes completely on its side. Both bars appear to protect the same area for a normal tip over.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well you may not see the value of not a scratch or ding when backing out your bike in a line of other bikes . or a close call in a parking lot , or your garage . i take pride in keeping my bike looking as good as possable . my bike is a daliy rider & my prefured means of travel . its also a c. ness model an i try to keep the paint intact . and imo they are twice as good looking !

·
Registered
810 Posts
yes they come in powdercoated black. I dunno if they are 'twice' as good, but I would buy them again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts