Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the victory bag fillers and they came with no directions, there are brackets ,screws and washers,just want to make sure everything goes in the right place

·
13,263 Posts
who made the bag fillers and what bike are you putting them on

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If he has bag fillers, he's putting them on a cross country. He also said they are the victory ones, so they are the one piece ones

·
Registered
80 Posts
So I just pulled mine off the other day (need to modify them to work with my passenger back rest).

From outside in (bag to fender)
Bag
Bracket
Plastic Washers
Fender Fillers

The metal bracket attach to the Exhaust Supports, all the way at the rear of the bike.

Hope that this is what you are looking for and that it helps.

·
13,263 Posts
If he has bag fillers, he's putting them on a cross country. He also said they are the victory ones, so they are the one piece ones
VCC so you know he edited his post. He never said anything about screws, bolts and so on

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
So I just pulled mine off the other day (need to modify them to work with my passenger back rest).

From outside in (bag to fender)
Bag
Bracket
Plastic Washers
Fender Fillers

The metal bracket attach to the Exhaust Supports, all the way at the rear of the bike.

Hope that this is what you are looking for and that it helps.

Please post pics of your mod when finished.

·
Registered
80 Posts
TravisP - Absolutely - as soon as I figure out if clearance for the back rest is cleaner, or is cutting them in half and removing the area where the back rest sits completely is cleaner......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, that is the way I put them on just looks like they could be a little more snug on the fender.appreciate the help

·
Registered
262 Posts
The bag fillers for the magnum can be used on any Cross bike with the hard bags with no issues, unless you have a sissybar/tour pack. They need to be notched out for that. Easy mod too, I did it on my XR.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The bag fillers for the magnum can be used on any Cross bike with the hard bags with no issues, unless you have a sissybar/tour pack. They need to be notched out for that. Easy mod too, I did it on my XR.

Thanks tips... Lol ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
OI! The question has been asked more than a few times, so I answered it having done it ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pic? Write up? Advice? Tips? Lol. I am in the process of starting this and any help will be great appreciated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pic? Write up? Advice? Tips? Lol. I am in the process of starting this and any help will be great appreciated.
What are you trying to do? The notching out for the sissybar/tour pack brackets?

Here is a pic of my bike's rear end for reference. I have the Kuryakyn Multi backrest. Basically, I loosely fit the brackets on and measured the distance they needed to clear. Then figured out whether it was easier to cut from the bag side or the fender side of the bag filler. For my setup, it was bag side.

I modified a soldering gun years ago to function as a plastic cutter. Using that, I marked the line on the bag filler using painters tape, and cut out the notch. Sanded the edges then lightly rubbed them with an acetone dipped microfiber cloth as it helps smooth out the ABS. Be careful on that part, you may rub it too much and mess up the surface.

Attach the foam strip to the fender side of the bag filler, then attach notched filler, attach bracket for backrest/sissybar, reattach saddlebag bracket sandwiching the filler and bracket, then bags for the bike. Baddabing, baddaboom, you're done.

If you want a better shot of the notch, let me know, and I will grab one later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
What holds the bag fillers in place? Are they adhered with glue/tape? Are they bolted on? Something else? If bolted, which bolts do they use? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
262 Posts
What holds the bag fillers in place? Are they adhered with glue/tape? Are they bolted on? Something else? If bolted, which bolts do they use? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish
The big fillers slip over the posts (sleeves for the bolts) for the stock saddlebag brackets. That holds the top 2/3, the bottom is held by a bracket that attaches directly to the stock muffler bracket at the rear. There is a thin foam strip that you run the length of the edge of the filler where it would contact the fender.

Have a look here to see how they actually bolt up.
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/vic/56e9221e87a866138cc72f1c/body-fender-rear-all-options

1 - 20 of 23 Posts