Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all!

I have a 2015 Vegas 8-ball with xc bags and Kingpin fender. I've been looking into possibly building my own fillers based off of the Vic Baggers fillers. Has anyone with the same setup done anything like this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Have thought of making my own. Some sheet metal, a homemade metal break (search youtube, pretty easy to make what you need), and a band saw should do what I want. Just haven't found the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been wondering the same thing. Have thought of making my own. Some sheet metal, a homemade metal break (search youtube, pretty easy to make what you need), and a band saw should do what I want. Just haven't found the time.
I'm working something now. I have the cardboard templates cut out and transfered to sheet metal. I'm taking pictures as I go. I may make a whole new thread once I get them done and they turn out. 🖒

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing this. Heck, if they look good enough, others may want to buy your handiwork!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking forward to seeing this. Heck, if they look good enough, others may want to buy your handiwork!

So far so good....
$30 worth of materials so far. A little more shaping and grinding and I'm going to just spray them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Nice work!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
That is coming out nicely!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had this project on the back burner for the past month. I'm really not that pleased with how they turned out. I still have to make the lower pieces yet.... I have an idea how I'm going to do it a just finding the time to do it. Been working a bunch of extra days so I just haven't had time to mess with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few things I'd like to add.

These things were really a pain in the arse to make with only having limited tools to cut the metal. I used 22g steel, which I learned wasn't the best gauge steel to use. It's very flimsy and my cheap little 90a welder was burning through it like butter. The next set (if I make another set) will be made with a thicker gauged steel.
To clean up the edges I used some $4 plastic door saver strips that I bought from O'Reillys. It definitely gave it a cleaner look than the straight edge that It had. And as for paint, I didn't use paint. I had some left over plastidip from a few years ago that I had in the paint cabinet. The plan was to spray about four coats of plastidip on them, mount them up, see if they looked good, strip them, and then paint them. I was surprised how well the plastidip actually turned out so I'm just going to keep them like this until winter rolls around.

Hopefully I can get some spare time to work on the lower fillers since I have the next few days off. I just got off of working 13-12's off 2 then back to 8-12's. Its been a hectic month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts