Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
That's a option, or find a place that does it local and save on the shipping. I know the couple places around here do price breaks if you give them five or more pieces to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a option, or find a place that does it local and save on the shipping. I know the couple places around here do price breaks if you give them five or more pieces to do.
that would be prudent if you can find 5 guys that would be willing to buy, and you paying a company... but it's pretty hard to find 5 guys that are co-located that have the same bikes..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I want these too , in black . But even a used set in chrome is stupid money and I would still have to get the coated . :crzy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Interesting to see this thread today since I just got done installing my saddlebag rails.

I bought mine from Honda East and had them powdercoated.

Another option is to get the police bag guards which come in black, from Arizona Victory, but they are ridiculously expensive and cover the side of the bag. They are definitely super functional, but detract from the looks of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Police bag guards

There you go some police bag guards. I like them. NOT in chrome of course. Blend in more when they match the paint. Yes they help protect the bags very well thank you. Bike fell over and went boom! Hit a small cement porch on right side this past year trying to back up in gravel. Scratched the powder coat, did not harm the saddle bag.:laugh

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

Were big fans too. Living on a gravel road bikes get dropped. I've dropped mine once and my much better half has dropped hers twice. No damage either time to hers. On mine nothing except for where my saddlebag lid, which wasn't latched at the time opened on impact and put a couple of small dents in the paint of the lid.

I've also had my bike hit in the saddlebag guard at a run when a guy lost control of his bike and hit my bike in the bag guard hard enough to knock the bike off the stand and onto it's side. His highway pegs put a 1 inch long gouge in the one bag after the guard deflected most of the impact. Bike was fine. Local body shop repainted the bag cheap. I touched the bag guard's powder coat up with a black paint pen.

Without that guard I would have been replacing the bag, lid and maybe more stuff.
The guard was unbent and un hurt other than where the powder coat was gouged. It turned what could have been a really bad day into a pretty much non event. I'd definitely buy them again.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts