Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my dealed (Victory of Mesa) and they confirmed a Tech Service Bulletin has been issued and new parts are available for dealers to repair bag latch assemblies showing wear.

This requires to do a visual inspection to confirm the issue and then they will install corrective parts. Not sure if it's just the hoop but sounds like it a fix. From what he said it sounds like they will do both sides.

So Victory is taking action and you can start calling your dealers now.cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's great news , I was looking at my latch this morning and even though I bent the loop I was thinking 6 more months and this latch is coming apart .... I have tremendous wear for less the a year of use .

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer - Dick Scott's Classic Motorcycles in Livonia, MI. I was told by Brett that there was not any sort of official service bulletin for my 2012 XCT related to the right side saddlebag latch. I asked what he meant and he said that there would not be any service bulletin mailed to the registered bike owners as is the practice for normal service bulletins. Rather, he described some nebulous process where the dealer could look at the bike if it was brought in with a complaint about this latch.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealed (Victory of Mesa) and they confirmed a Tech Service Bulletin has been issued and new parts are available for dealers to repair bag latch assemblies showing wear.

This requires to do a visual inspection to confirm the issue and then they will install corrective parts. Not sure if it's just the hoop but sounds like it a fix. From what he said it sounds like they will do both sides.

So Victory is taking action and you can start calling your dealers now.cheers

Victory of Mesa is one of the good dealers if it needs replacing I know they won't give you any problems.
Mine showed wear in 500 miles so I did the washer fix and it stopped it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Victory of Mesa is one of the good dealers if it needs replacing I know they won't give you any problems.
Mine showed wear in 500 miles so I did the washer fix and it stopped it.
Ehh when I asked about it after having the bike 3 months they advised I fix it myself or that they would replace the latch but I had to pay labor on a brand new bike.

But now there is a factory fix so going to go with that.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I hope so. Mine is really bad. I did the witch dr. Fix and elongated my holes on the ring.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts