Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Baggershield 8" - 14" adjustable shield

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mrtom2004 
#1 ·
Oi. Has anyone tried this set up? I love the option of keeping the low profile windshield but adding the extension for long trips. This is a solid idea for sure. I am getting blasted in the grill on the highway and wanna get a better set up prior to riding to Sturgis. It's a long ass ride from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan man.

Let me know y'all. Here is the link and a pic.

http://www.baggershield.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It is a good concept but I think the shield needs to be on the outside when it's down because it won't fit in back of the lower shield that's stationary.

I went with the Madstad system and like it. Infinitely adjustable in a zillion different heights and positions. In this pic I'm running a Harley shield I got from Long Ride Shields at a low price with no holes. Drilled my own holes and played around with the different adjustments.

And here you can see the difference in width with that same HD shield and the stock 9" XC shield.

Here's one from the riders side.

But right now I'm just using a clear tall shield that I look through. It's better for riding in the desert heat to slow down dehydration.

I only bought the bracketing from the Madstad group. I need to go back and buy either the clear or lightly tinted shield. Price is pretty decent for what it is too. Just a bit more expensive than a Gustaffson shield.

#5 ·
Here's one from the riders side.

Looks good BBob, what are those two silver things above the dash below the windshield?

#3 ·
If you take a hard look at the blown up pic of the XC with the Baggershield you can see that the extension is mounted on the outside of the tinted shield when it is down.

After reading all the reviews I am leaning toward this option. Price is tough to beat as well considering you basically get two shields.

I like the Madstad set up as well for sure. Don't like the price as much. If I pick one of these up I will def follow up so everyone knows how it went.

#6 ·
Or a flip maybe?

Bbob, do you find that the flip makes a big difference for that screen? I am still having a bitch of a time figuring out which one I want.

How many people are rocking a flip windshield out there? I am about 5'10" and when I posture up properly on my machine I am taking the wind to the face with the stock set up. Will the same windshield height with a flip stop the wind and buffetting up there??

I also have the soft lowers on. I am hoping with a better shield that I won't need any more wind management accessories.

To flip or not to flip? That's the new bloody question.

#7 ·
Bbob, do you find that the flip makes a big difference for that screen? I am still having a bitch of a time figuring out which one I want.

How many people are rocking a flip windshield out there? I am about 5'10" and when I posture up properly on my machine I am taking the wind to the face with the stock set up. Will the same windshield height with a flip stop the wind and buffetting up there??

I also have the soft lowers on. I am hoping with a better shield that I won't need any more wind management accessories.

To flip or not to flip? That's the new bloody question.
I have a flip and a cee bailey 13" with a vent. I find the Cee Bailey to block slightly more wind. I prefer the look of the flip, so I ride with that. I don't experience much or any buffeting with either.

Don't confuse "wind" with "buffeting".

#10 ·
Madstad Brackets

I'm using the Brackets as well and they work great for me. I can either use my Cee Baileys shield or use the stock one. It takes two minutes to switch them. The new brackets look great and being able to adjust the windshield up or down or forward or back is a great option. Right now it is really hot here in Florida and a little extra wind does help. I just returned from a 20 day trip out west and the brackets worked real well. The only Buffeting came from down below along side the tank. I have the Cee Bailey flectors but did not use them on this trip because of the heat.

2002 Victory Kingpin - traded
2005 Victory Vegas - traded
2012 Cross Country 15000 miles so far....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.