Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and was unable to find what I was looking for. I've been thinking about getting a bandana mask to keep the sun off my face (bad skin) among other things. I have a full face helmet but I like the more open feeling of a half helmet but hate the raccoon eyes I get from the shades + sun. Should I get one? The reason I ask is because I rarely ever see anyone wear one. Do people not care about the raccoon look or is it because the alternative is worse?cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Audie, I see people here in Texas wearing mask's and bandanas all four seasons. Take care of your hyde. I've recently had carcenoma surgeries and have had to modify my sun exposure habits myself.
Bottom line do what you need to do and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
For my taste it's too gangsta' looking. But that's just my taste, and it should therefore not mean anything to you.

Sounds like you're mostly concerned about sun - there are some good sunblock products out there (and yes, it's not as cool or manly, but it's your skin you're protecting) - You'll keep the freedom of open face and avoid skin cancer in the long run.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, for the responses. "Diamondrmp", I like the Schampa website and will definitely check out some of the products.

"Crossroads", I tried sunblock last weekend and it helped but I still managed to get a little dark except around the eyes because of the shades when riding for 3 hours in the sun. Although, I don't like to the raccoon look my bigger concern is the skin issue. I think I will try a higher SPF sunblock and a bandana mask and see which one I pefer.

I'd rather be out riding and having a good time and not be thinking about this when I'm out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use an open face with goggles and a buff. Here is a site where I get some of my buffs from.

http://www.buffwear.com/catalog

Nice thing about these is that you can use in different ways...a face mask for an open face helmet, head band, baclavia, etc. They also make winter ones as well as I used to ride year round before coming to northern Japan. I have been in below zero temperatures and these worked great. If anything, another choice for you to look into...good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up ordering something very similar to that BBob from ebay. Looks like it will work very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not that comfy using any face mask. I just use caps, hats or bandanas. But when i fell that the road is too dusty, i use the bandana as my face mask.

CARROLL LEATHER AVIATOR STYLE CAPS

River Road Flat Top Cap Flat Top Cap

Motorcycle Bandana

1 - 9 of 9 Posts