Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working on adjusting my preload on a 2013 Judge. Anyone who has ever worked with stock shock knows how painful that can be. I had gotten to a point that I could not get the spring to compress with the spanner I had from another bike and didn't want to destroy the collar with a hammer and screwdriver or chisel. I found a really nice from Barracuda. Was about $40 bucks plus shipping, solid and very nice leverage, shipped quick and now adjusting the rear shock is stupid easy. Just wanted to share a good tool for those who are looking for one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice, but Id rather save my money and use a hammer/screwdriver. I couldnt care less about the collar on the shock! Its out of sight anyway.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is that option. Sucks if you slip or want a controlled adjustment and if you ever sell you have buggered it for the next owner.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is that option. Sucks if you slip or want a controlled adjustment and if you ever sell you have buggered it for the next owner.
I just take some electrical tape and put it over the tip of the screwdriver to prevent it from really messing up the collar. As for control - just depends on how hard you hit the hammer on the driver! The tape also helps prevent the screwdriver from slipping, so Ive not run into that problem yet...

·
13,247 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't disagree there are cheaper wrenches. Just giving an honest opinion of a better quality wrench. This is not stamped steel it is T1 Hardened Steel that is twice as thick and a rubberized handle that wraps around the shock collar about 1/3 further than an normal spanner wrench and the longer handle makes adjusting much simpler. They took their time and built a better wrench. Not everyone will want to pay for it, fine by me, just sharing.

http://www.barracudacustom.com/Victory_Rear_Shock_Preload_Spring_Adjustment_Tool_p/vt-101.htm

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't disagree there are cheaper wrenches. Just giving an honest opinion of a better quality wrench. This is not stamped steel it is T1 Hardened Steel that is twice as thick and a rubberized handle that wraps around the shock collar about 1/3 further than an normal spanner wrench and the longer handle makes adjusting much simpler. They took their time and built a better wrench. Not everyone will want to pay for it, fine by me, just sharing.

http://www.barracudacustom.com/Victory_Rear_Shock_Preload_Spring_Adjustment_Tool_p/vt-101.htm
Listen, I got this wrench, and even if I never use it again, It was worth the 40 bucks I paid for it. I had my rear shock adjusted to wear I wanted in 2 minutes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts