Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short, I am still searching for my perfect highball, found one used on craigs list today. thought I was in luck, only 600miles on it (900km) got pictures of it...

it's the red and black paint, which is what I want, he's put the white seat on, luggage rack, aftermarket pullback bars, and an ugly exhaust system. and to top it all off, the original parts are gone. The bars are hideous, like I will get angry looking at them on the bike. what hardware is there for the apes? just a set of risers and the bars? trying to figure out what I need to switch it back, what parts he has misplaced.

what aftermarket, but stockish looking bars are kicking around out there?

the pipes, I would have switched out for xbow either way, so it's not the end of the world on that, the white seat needs to go, so i'll see if someone local wants to trade (if i get the bike) the luggage rack is easily removed. the bars seem like the expensive part though.

normally I would google for days to find all of these answers, which is likely available somewhere, but being it's not all that common of a bike up here, i'm looking at a time crunch, if i decide to bite the visual bullet on this bike

·
12,970 Posts
risers should be fine. You just need bars for a Victory

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
The seat can be dyed so no problem there. Just follow up with some resolene to seal it in. Any risers will work. Center to center width should be 4.75" so if you can't find some good used Highball bars; the Harley springer bars will work. Depending on the look you want; some Ness Fly bars in black would work too. I think there are knock offs of them on ebay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If it were me , I would keep searching till one popped up that hasn't been so negatively altered . Its still winter so you have some time , I would persevere for now .

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Hmm, ok. Do you (or anyone else) happen to know the size and dimensions of the stock apes on the highball? I'm just looking at these ones here, and wondering if they will more or less feel the same, riding with them. I realize the design of the bar is a little different, but I'm fine with that.

12" PHATT BEND 1-1/2 CUSTOM HANDLEBARS FOR VICTORY MOTORCYCLE Victory Motorcycle Parts for Victory Custom Bikes
Those look like they would work without changing cables, brake line, or extending wires especially if you used 1" risers.

·
12,970 Posts
The HotVic bars are for baggers. look at where they mount that's 1" where the rest of the bar is 1 1/2".
So that bar would look funny on your bike.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
The HotVic bars are for baggers. look at where they mount that's 1" where the rest of the bar is 1 1/2".
So that bar would look funny on your bike.
These bars would look funny but I think the ones he posted a link to would be just fine. There would just be that space between the risers where the bars would look different and I bet some PVC painted black, cut in half or some gauges for 1" bars right there, would take care of that. It wouldn't bother me personally. I doubt many would even notice it. I like have an analog temp and time gauge. I use them a lot on my bikes.

I just went out to the garage and measured some Highball bars I happen to have. They have 12" of rise so the ones posted by the OP will be just fine. In fact he could use up to 2" risers with them.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The stock Highball bars are super comfy and a nicer fit and finish than most aftermarket bars. I agree with Mags... Patience and wait for the right bike. Being as most of Alberta is unemployed I would look around here on Kijiji.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts