Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been emailing Bassani about there road rage 2into1 short and buddy has said in the 8 yrs he's worked there he has never heard of the 2into1 scraping, but he would like to hear and see pics of the pipe. Sooo anyone have pics of the pipe all scraped up?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He said the only pipe they have had issues with is the Vegas long megaphone... I have a hard time believing that everyone that claims of scraping has never called to complain?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Oh for Christ's sake.... The freakin' pipe is on the ground before the peg feeler touches and they have no idea???? Bullsh!t! On a 180mm-tired bike you can put your fist between the swingarm pivot and the collector, but these azzholes have no clue that it might drag on the ground??? C'mon man, wake up, you're dreamin'.

Shoot me his e-mail, maybe he'll buy this road rashed pipe back, huh? He should since the damned pipe levered my rear tire off the pavement and damned near put me down.

When I picked the bike up from Lloydz I hadn't seen the pipe yet. I took one look at the pipe and said "That's gonna drag in the first right-hander". Lloydie hadn't heard of this issue either, evidently. First exit ramp SCCCCRRRRAAAAAAAPE!!!!! That's OK, I didn't like the way the pipe sounded anyway... $650 paper weight. You want it?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So HC, maybe I'm going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you aren't a hostage negotiator by trade.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So HC, maybe I'm going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you aren't a hostage negotiator by trade.
Lmfao! I believe that the pipe scrapes, but they don't. He even went as far as saying that the pegs will scrape before the pipe. I tried uploading the email but couldn't do it from my phone.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the email they sent :

Thanks for the concern but I have worked here for 8 years and have never had
anyone show me or call me on your pipe dragging. If you can find some one to
send you or me a picture I would love to see where it is hitting. the only
victory pipe that has any issues is the Vegas long megaphone. Let me know
what you find out. I bet you cant scrape your pipe before you hit the pegs.

Kurt

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I have the prostreets...the new design. I have no doubt that the old ones and the 2-1 would scrape...the new ones mount differently and are actually turned up. I would venture to say they damn well knew there was an issue. Having said all that...I have yet to scrape mine and I do love them

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Here is the email they sent :
I bet you cant scrape your pipe before you hit the pegs.
Kurt
I wonder how much money ol' Kurt can afford to lose on that bet....

Dude, the pegs fold up... the pipe DOES NOT. The pegs are not the limit of cornering clearance... not by a long shot... But I know what is.

Ever hit a bump in a turn? SHHHIIIINNNG All pipe, peg never touched.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to get bassani to realize all the concerns, so pics of all the rashed up pipes will help all of our cases. I call bullshit on them not knowing as well but if we hit them with an onslaught of pics and concerns maybe they will do something about it, like a consumer recall?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I'm trying to get bassani to realize all the concerns, so pics of all the rashed up pipes will help all of our cases. I call bullshit on them not knowing as well but if we hit them with an onslaught of pics and concerns maybe they will do something about it, like a consumer recall?
They CAUSED it. They only make ONE pipe now. It fits either the Hammer OR the Vegas with different mounting brackets. They knew EXACTLY how far out that pipe would hang on a narrow tire bike.

Note how this pipe has a jog behind the collector to clear the fat back end. Now imagine that same pipe on a Vegas or Kingpin with a narrower swingarm and a 180mm rear tire. How far out to the right would that pipe be?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Good luck.

You're riding a croozer man. The vast majority of croozer owners ride like little old ladies. The best cornering Harley Softail made has a whopping 23° of clearance. I lean further than that pissing while intoxicated. Many of those owners will buy expensive kits to lower the bike and decrease the cornering even further. It doesn't surprise me that Bassani doesn't realize it at all. Who the hell's gonna tell them?

The good news is that after you grind a nice bevel into the pipe, you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Good luck.

You're riding a croozer man. The vast majority of croozer owners ride like little old ladies. The best cornering Harley Softail made has a whopping 23° of clearance. I lean further than that pissing while intoxicated. Many of those owners will buy expensive kits to lower the bike and decrease the cornering even further. It doesn't surprise me that Bassani doesn't realize it at all. Who the hell's gonna tell them?

The good news is that after you grind a nice bevel into the pipe, you should be fine.
^ True that. Well put saddlebag. I've been trying to find my pegs but the metzlers are still so new I haven't had the courage to really throw it around until I get used to this completely different animal.

The 2004 fatboy I had though on the other hand... NO lean angle.. Drug that dog both sides repeatedly first ride out. I was working on grinding down the boards to break her in. LOL Wasn't long after taking the BRC (beg. rider course through MSF) so I was Mr Twisty there for a while with all that fresh new skill.. Time to refresh I think maybe with the next level.

You rarely if ever hear of folks barking about pipes dragging on the HD forum.. Most are designed to sit low, and it's never been a concern that I've read about.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You think they would do the old Kerker header thing and turn them up in the air a bit so they would not scrape. I know they are more concerned about looks. To me they are selling a performance exhaust it out to be about performance then and not the looks so much.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no argument that the pipe scrapes by me, the argument is with Bassani. All I'm trying to do here is gather enough pics to present to Bassani and maybe they will do something about it. Honestly I personally think the Bassani is the best looking 2into1 as long as you customize the bracket that hangs above the pipe.
If we all work together here and feed me all the pics of scraped pipes, I'll do the leg work....
Cheers

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My pipe sits higher than the one in pic that HC posted , I also made a tiny little bracket and tossed the bassani bracket and stock brackets that looks way better and lifted the pipe up some.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When my bike comes out of winter storage, I'll post a pick of my scrape. I even have the older version that don't drop down off the engine..... it only scraped once though, I booted the chick off after that and told her she was too heavy for me to date her. :ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Kurt @ Bassani is a joke, in fact he is also a coward. My Bassani turnouts dragged on my second ride. Flattened out the bottom pipe, I contacted "kurt" and after much deliberation and faxing , and picture swapping , he agreed to send me a New lower pipe at my shipping expense, and would take him 2 weeks to make me a new pipe. Fine. 2 weeks , 3 weeks month, now 2 months.... He wont answer my Emails or my calls, and my rear pipe finish is bubbling and I emailed pics of that ... No response . Bassani is the biggest joke of a company , with the shoddiest customer service I have EVER encountered. Their engineering and finish quality , IMO is garbage. Not to mention "Kurt's" attitude was immediately defensive before he even knew what I was going to say. All in all he agreed to help me with a new lower pipe and then he apparently took it upon himself to change his mind without informing me of this cause he is a PUSSY ! This also is the only company I have ever dealt with that empowers only one man, er, "TOOL" that make all warranty / customer service decisions ???!!! Crying shame.....wac

1 - 20 of 49 Posts