Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of installing bassani exhaust on my 2015 gunner have the stage one exhaust and they are worthless dealer said I won't have to remap being that it was already done. Does anybody have these exhaust? how do they sound and how was the install on them thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
The Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 are one of the better performing pipes for our Vics. Others are Freedom Slash, Conquest Customs Assault, RPW's various 2-1's offerings, etc. Generally speaking, the 2-1 give better performance while the 2-2's are louder.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Bassani was good for me on my 04 Vegas I have the performance baffle wrapped in stainless steel wool and fiberglass mat, it sounds great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer said if you already have the stage 1 it will be fine. No need to remap. Obviously you can tweak more performance with a fuel controller

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the Bassani pro-street Turnout system on my Gunner, had it installed with a PC5. I'm very happy with the looks, weight reduction from stock, performance and exhaust note.

What I wasn't prepared for was the volume, they are VERY loud. :eek Great if you're into that, but I live in a quiet rural town and would prefer not to get picked off by a grumpy shotgun-toting farmer, sooo...

Anyway, Darryl Bassani was very helpful and courteous in speaking with me to make suggestions for modifying them, which will happen this month before the busy spring riding season really gets underway. Good product, good customer service. The unexpected dB was my only surprise.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 2016 Gunner came brand-new with the Bassani Pro Street Turnouts already dealer-installed. My dealer told me that they did NOT do a re-map, and that they like Bassani pipes for that reason- that they don't have to do re-maps.

I called Bassani and they said it was OK. The bike runs fine, but I have to use a very sensitive throttle hand when slowing down (in gear) to keep it from backfiring. I'm OK with this, as long as I'm not doing any damage.

Could my dealer AND Bassani both be giving me B.S.?

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 2016 Gunner came brand-new with the Bassani Pro Street Turnouts already dealer-installed. My dealer told me that they did NOT do a re-map, and that they like Bassani pipes for that reason- that they don't have to do re-maps.

I called Bassani and they said it was OK. The bike runs fine, but I have to use a very sensitive throttle hand when slowing down (in gear) to keep it from backfiring. I'm OK with this, as long as I'm not doing any damage.

Could my dealer AND Bassani both be giving me B.S.?
I'm not sure why Bassani would have any motive to give you BS. I mean, I GUESS that if the dealership's service dept doesn't like doing remaps or doesn't make enough money off it, then that could be theirs. But Bassani wouldn't have any interest in dissuading a service that could benefit the performance of their own product.

I've spoken with Darryl Bassani with product questions and concerns, and found him to be courteous, informative and patient.

I have only ridden my bike's Bassani's with the remap done (they were installed and mapped at the same time), and am very happy with the performance, so can't compare it to without having it done.

It does backfire on decel sometimes, but not terribly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not sure why Bassani would have any motive to give you BS. I mean, I GUESS that if the dealership's service dept doesn't like doing remaps or doesn't make enough money off it, then that could be theirs. But Bassani wouldn't have any interest in dissuading a service that could benefit the performance of their own product.

I've spoken with Darryl Bassani with product questions and concerns, and found him to be courteous, informative and patient.

I have only ridden my bike's Bassani's with the remap done (they were installed and mapped at the same time), and am very happy with the performance, so can't compare it to without having it done.

It does backfire on decel sometimes, but not terribly.
Thanks! Yeah, the backfiring is completely controllable, now that I have trained my throttle hand... :wink I only have about 71 miles on the bike, so I'm still in the break-in period. I have not gotten on it very hard for that reason. When it gets up to 500 miles I'll have a better idea of the performance.

You mentioned that Daryl Bassani had offered some solutions to the loudness. May I ask what they were?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, the backfiring is completely controllable, now that I have trained my throttle hand... :wink I only have about 71 miles on the bike, so I'm still in the break-in period. I have not gotten on it very hard for that reason. When it gets up to 500 miles I'll have a better idea of the performance.

You mentioned that Daryl Bassani had offered some solutions to the loudness. May I ask what they were?
TBH the solutions weren't very easy, because on that model pipe the baffle is welded in and not very accessible. (I'm a layman, so forgive any mechanical misquotes on my part.)

The fellas in my local custom shop told me they can tear down the exhaust, pack some insulation in, and resecure it, but they don't recommend it because that'd further restrict air flow.

At this point I'm just leaving it. It's louder than I'm used to, but I've been told it's not as noisy as I seem to think it is. I'm too happy with the looks, performance and weight loss to give that up due to the db level.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, they told me about the permanent baffles.

I think the reason it "seems" louder is that the exits are directly below your ears.

The H-D that I traded for the Gunner had a Bassani Road Rage 2-into-1, which I think was just about as loud - but the exit was about a foot-and-a-half further back...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts