Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of Bassani Pro Street Turn Outs for my 2012 Vegas 8 Ball. Wondering if I need a fuel controller like the PCV or VFC3 with just this mod? Saving up for a Torque Tube intake & filter so am not sure if I shud get both the fuel controller & TT together or buy the FC then the TT.

Another issue I have is that I do not have access to a tuner without having to ship my bike overseas. So I need to make my upgrade choices carefully so as not to destroy my engine

Any help is much appreciatedcheers

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes you will need a fuel controller. If you plan an doing multiple upgrades without access to a dyno then I would suggest a PCV and auto-tune. You will need a base map to start with. If you purchase from fuel moto they'll send you one or you may get lucky and find someone here that has a similar setup and might send you their map.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG! So even if my pipes arrive I will not be able to install them without hurting my engine? The bike is factory stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If all you are doing is pipes and nothing else currently, you can get by without a tuner...Most people just unplug the O2 sensors to richen it up a bit. Once you start doing intakes, then I would get a tuner.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I agree with huberj , put pipes on , disconnect 02's ... Take your time removing original exhaust , its a bitch .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will that not throw an "engine check" light on?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nope , it will not , but it will richen up the mixture . Which is what you want with those added pipes .thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Don't over tighten the exhaust flange bolts on those Bassani's , they bend easily . 12' pounds max !

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Do you still have the stock bracket on the bike? And the bracket that came with the pipes? Do you have a pic?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Actually, I'm looking at your pic from my phone, does it have a bracket welded on? Can you take another pic from the side?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The turn outs have the brackets welded to them , no individual bracket used ... Front pipe goes on first , then the rear pipe ....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts