Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i tried the search and couldn't find my answer. I am looking at some different pipes for my Hammer and the Bassani caught my eye. I tried finding some install instructions with no luck. Is anyone running the pro street system? How do you like it? Does it require the frame to be cut? Sound level?

·
Registered
118 Posts
you're not cutting the frame... it's just a subframe piece specifically designed to hold the stock exhaust and it's replaceable if you want to go back to stock.

That said, I have no experience with Bassani.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Enjoy,

No cutting of anything just remove yours and put these straight on.

Easier than the stock ones.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK, i tried the search and couldn't find my answer. I am looking at some different pipes for my Hammer and the Bassani caught my eye. I tried finding some install instructions with no luck. Is anyone running the pro street system? How do you like it? Does it require the frame to be cut? Sound level?
Goat,

I have the Bassani Prostreet pipes in black on my '06 Vegas 8-ball. Couldn't be happier with sound and performance. The tone is deep, and rolling on/off the throttle is equally as nice. The video is a good reference, probably as good as you'll hear without hearing one in person. I would definately buy these again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i am going to go with the Bassani pipes. They should great and i like the fact that i dont have to cut anything. Not that i can't or havent in the past cut on a brand new car/bike, i would just prefer not to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Decided to revive an old thread rather than start a new one. For those of you who have Bassani pipes...a couple of questions. I am looking into either the Pro Street Turn outs or Pro Street Slash Cuts...how will the addition of these pipes along with Air Box and Power Commander affect my current gas mileage and what if any difference will I notice in performance. I am fine with the current performance of the bike stock I just dont want to being going backwards! Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Decided to revive an old thread rather than start a new one. For those of you who have Bassani pipes...a couple of questions. I am looking into either the Pro Street Turn outs or Pro Street Slash Cuts...how will the addition of these pipes along with Air Box and Power Commander affect my current gas mileage and what if any difference will I notice in performance. I am fine with the current performance of the bike stock I just dont want to being going backwards! Thanks!
The Pipes won't set you backwards m8.

As for the PC V and Airbox well that comes down to your tunning experience.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Hey there,

Have the pro street turnouts on my '13 8ball. The sound is awesome very deep. Had hackers on there before and they cackled too much for my liking. Bike is at the dealers now getting the pcv dialed in or I would get you a pic and sound bite.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Lykoi (and others) for your response. Deep is exactly what I am looking for not the cackle that you described on others. Look forward to seeing those pics when you get it out of the shop!!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I know for a fact they make them for the 8ball but not sure on the regular vegas...http://www.bassani.com

Had a vtx1300c with cobra straights and no baffles...the pro streets destroy the sound in my opinion. They look absolutely bad ass on an 8 ball.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm interested in getting a set of pro Streets for my new Highball. I read somewhere that Bassani changed the design of the pro streets and now they are lower and more likely to drag. Did they update the part # when they made the design change? if so what where the old part # vs the new part #. Currently I see 6V13DB
as the model for the Highball & others (I think). If i remember correctly someone mentioned 6V13SB but that shows as a part # for 02-05 Vegas (I think)

Any & all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm interested in getting a set of pro Streets for my new Highball. I read somewhere that Bassani changed the design of the pro streets and now they are lower and more likely to drag. Did they update the part # when they made the design change? if so what where the old part # vs the new part #. Currently I see 6V13DB
as the model for the Highball & others (I think). If i remember correctly someone mentioned 6V13SB but that shows as a part # for 02-05 Vegas (I think)

Any & all help is appreciated.
Mines a Vegas Low ( approx 2 inches lower ) and no problems if your doing the speed limits.

A Vegas should be sweet with the extra 2 inch height

Taking a roundabout or cornering seriously will definately have grounds for shinny undergrowth.

I hope that helps

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put a set of the Slash Cuts on my Judge (the Vegas Part#) Install was very easy. I love them so far, Nice deep rumble while cruising and just sounds mean when you get on it.
I've only had it out for about half an hour, :mad:, but I did scrape 'em. It felt like they touched right as the peg touched. I don't scrape the pegs that often normally so it shouldn't be a huge issue. My heart did sink a little when I realized what the second sound was.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
'12 HB drags

I have the Pro Street turn outs on my '12 HB and I drag the pipes long before the peg hits. I have dragged mine so much I have knocked about a 1/4 inch off the bottom. Just a word of caution if you have hills in your area...leaning hard into an uphill turn can create a dicey situation as the road will likely be angled a little higher on the lean-side. I've kicked the back tire off the ground a couple times...definitely an unsettling feeling in the twisties.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I have the Pro Street turn outs on my '12 HB and I drag the pipes long before the peg hits. I have dragged mine so much I have knocked about a 1/4 inch off the bottom. Just a word of caution if you have hills in your area...leaning hard into an uphill turn can create a dicey situation as the road will likely be angled a little higher on the lean-side. I've kicked the back tire off the ground a couple times...definitely an unsettling feeling in the twisties.
I have them on my 13 8ball and they don't drag at all...I can drag the peg first. I notice in your picture though that yours hang down alot lower than mine do...mine almost completely cover the old bracket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
lykoi626 - That must be a change from the '12 pipes to this years. I like how yours sit and cover up the bracket. I've been thinking about changing my pipes out for Ground Pounders or Zoomies...just gotta do some research and see if they are legal in California.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I had the zoomies and felt the bassanis were deeper. Fortunately, I live in illinois so I don't have to worry about the EPA reqs. I am running a pc-v and I know that doesn't meet the emission control standards...not sure after that though. Good luck deciding...the ground pounders would look sick though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts