Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
now thats a pipe!!

never a fan of the heavy dual mufflers on a Vic or a Scout, that 2-1 looks the business. is that stainless, prolly won't be for production!!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never a fan of the heavy dual mufflers on a Vic or a Scout, that 2-1 looks the business. is that stainless, prolly won't be for production!!
You are probably correct on the Stainless not for Production although that's an option would consider even with a higher price ..

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Why would 2-1 be better then dual pipes ??

Sound or performance ??

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
few stainless systems

i surely would pay for a 304 stainless system, brushed would look good on my 13 hammer. money saved on chrome or ceramic should be close. even my cheap, under 8G new in 2012 bonneville uses stainless headpipes, most sport bikes use full stainless systems with no heat shields. here's a pic of my recently installed Tecbikeparts 304 stainless system @ $450 delivered + its chinese of course but decent, Arrow systems the original is $1,000. gold discoloration is a stainless trait, but polished stainless discolors less + can rival chrome when well polished.
[/URL][/IMG] also a pic of well polished predator slip ons, $500 a pair
[/URL][/IMG]

·
13,003 Posts
cars have been using stainless exhaust since 2000 so it might not be that expensive.

A quick explanation on 2 into 1
When #1 cylinder fires and the exhaust is going down the pipe now #2 fires and #1 pulls #2 out of the pipe. So you have faster exhaust exiting the pipe making room for the exhaust coming behind it.
The faster the exhaust gets out of the bike the more power you can make and most 2 into 1's are lighter there duals

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
409 not 304

most of todays cars + trucks use cheaper 409 grade stainless, same as magnaflow + many others. it will oxidize but is said to not rust thru. exhausts are part of manufacturers long emission warranty. non magnetic 304 stainless just discolors if not polished, other 300 series stainless have more heat tolerance like 321 but more $$$. bang for the buck 304 is an excellent long term metal for most uses. search stainless steels + you will be amazed of the types + varying properties as well as $$$, take inconel used for nitro burning engine valves + formula I exhaust, light + very heat tolerant but $$$$$

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for an Update with with the Aeromach Slip Ons Got Tired of Waiting on Bassani Promises and No Delivers on them ..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sweet looking set of slip ons. Didn't know you bought a Scout G Joe. How you liking it ? What kind of tune did KX put on her. What's the hp / tq output?

·
Registered
262 Posts
That looks a hell of a lot better then the stock cans.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet looking set of slip ons. Didn't know you bought a Scout G Joe. How you liking it ? What kind of tune did KX put on her. What's the hp / tq output?
Got it Dec 14th One of the First in FL to receive it as Deliveries Started Dec 5th .. Now has 8,200 Mile son it and is an awesome machine other than the Suspension Sucks which am addressing now .. Once put the Aeromach Slip's on and liked them ordered a PCV then had Kevin do his thing with as can see got a Nice Improvement especially on the Low End Torque from the PCV alone .. Lloydz and Trask both are talking about doing a higher flow Air Filter so with the PCV in place am ready for it .. Dyno shown in pics ..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Since December ? I have to start reading signatures. LOL
Glad your enjoying the Scout Joe. Look forward to hearing about you progress with the mods. Good to see our top Vic guys taking an interest in Indian. Might want to own one someday and stock will never do.thumb up

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
stock = soup

stock is what soup is made from!!! i am generally a bolt on DIY guy, i enjoy installing bolt on upgrades, put my first fuel controller on my 13 hammer. i see a test ride in the future, it "may" replace my 2012 bonnie, more power but more weight as well, depends on how it feels!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts