Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud are these exhaust systems? Which is better for distance riding and long days on the bike.

thanks
(crap...I meant "True" )

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Both are Good Choices .. Had my Freedom True Duals Close to 60,000 Miles, & 3 Years Now and Still Look and Sound Great .. Bassani also makes Great Options as well .. I wanted the True Duals Mostly because think they are the best sounding Pipes can put on an XC .. Loud but Not Obnoxious ..

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are Good Choices .. Had my Freedom True Duals Close to 60,000 Miles, & 3 Years Now and Still Look and Sound Great .. Bassani also makes Great Options as well .. I wanted the True Duals Mostly because think they are the best sounding Pipes can put on an XC .. Loud but Not Obnoxious ..
Being in Florida, did you notice any difference in heat with a non-cat exhaust vs. stock?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the looks of the true duals , but I love how the 2 into 1 exhausts clean up the whole look of the bike . Edalfa on here has the Bassani 2 into 1 I heard it during our tunes at Mom's , sounds comparable to the Millers to my ears ...

·
Registered
193 Posts
How loud are these exhaust systems? Which is better for distance riding and long days on the bike.

thanks
(crap...I meant "True" )
I have had the True Duals for about 2 1/2 yrs. & 35k miles. I love the sound. Very easy on the ears at cruising speed. I'm in southeast Texas and have not had any issues with heat either for me or my passenger.

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
Iffin' I had the disposable income to afford this dual exhaust system; I'd be all over it.

I'm really liking the Thrush mod as a second best choice for me though. They do seem to be getting louder now that I have a few thousand miles on 'em though. Not obnoxious or anything; just louder.

Luckily; the cat heat (cat in heat?) is not an issue on my bike at this time.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i know of a guy that got a like new set of freedom true duals off ebay for around $400

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iffin' I had the disposable income to afford this dual exhaust system; I'd be all over it.

I'm really liking the Thrush mod as a second best choice for me though. They do seem to be getting louder now that I have a few thousand miles on 'em though. Not obnoxious or anything; just louder.
First, I love my Miller mufflers, the sound and power curve I have is awesome.....any other system would be a second choice and out of necessity to get rid of this f***king heat issue. I can not tell you all how sick I am of riding around with mine and my wife's calves on fire. :mad:
On that, my heat wrap came in today. I'm not going to have time to get that job done before this weekend's ride but I sure wish I could.

i know of a guy that got a like new set of freedom true duals off ebay for around $400
Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
sorry no he got them a month or so ago, but keep your eyes open. they were the black ones too.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Drew , cant you just make Mikey a nice 2 into 1 Miller Muffler ?:grin

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
haha i was going to try it on my bike, but just to sell, i personally hate the 2-1 look on these bikes, love the two tailpipes.

but if i could i would!!

i even had my local dyno guy tell me if i could make a true dual setup he would have run it for free, but i dont like the area where the rear pipe has to come out

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Quick, whip up a custom pipe that comes out from behind the rear wheel, under the fender! :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes and no, i make my own baffles and wrap in fiberglass, so yes its a home made glasspack, no i dont just shove a pack in.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have the Bassini 2 into 1.
They were way too quiet stock. I took the baffle out and took out 2" of packing. I road it 5000 miles or so and decided to take another 2" out. It sounds pretty dam good.
It's definitely a head turner sound now.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for the input..

The Heat is not bad but because of the Duals layout have to develop a little wider stance when stopped .. Especially on the Left (Clutch) Side ..
So since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing you don't feel (excess)heat when moving...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts