Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just installed my new bassani pipe, first ride scrapes near billet end cap, so drilled a 5/16 hole in middle of scrape and put in SS dome nut to act as rubbing block when it scrapes, instead of wearing my brand new pipe. Thought Bassani would have addressed the scraping issue since pipe has been around for a while. Have fellow members had same issue , if so what did you do to fix........p.s love the sound of new pipe when under hard accelleration, just pissed that pipe scrapes so easerly

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have the 2>1 longs and scrape them quite a bit on the right-handers. Love the way they look and sound...just really wish they would have had them mount up higher. I haven't done anything to fix it other than go slower on right-hand turns.

·
Registered
229 Posts
are the the pipes scraping before the pegs?

im thinkin about the 2>1 short but i dont want to rash up my pipes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bassani pipe scrapes

yes they scrape way to early on corners, near the end of megaphone where billit end cap joins to chrome muffler,I drilled a 5/16 hole and put a SS dome nut in so nut will scrape first, could try adding more preload to rear shock but suspension is good with equal sag front and back.....mine is fitted to 2011 eight ball vegas,not sure if hammer suspension is higher or not..........

·
Registered
66 Posts
are the the pipes scraping before the pegs?

im thinkin about the 2>1 short but i dont want to rash up my pipes.
As meanmother57 said, they scrape right where the end cap meets the muffler. I don't know if the shorts being...shorter...will affect how much they scrape. I tell you what, they sound nice though...nice and mean when you get on it.

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
I have the short one. It scapes on the ground pretty easy. The pipe is the same for a wide-tire bike or a 180mm tire bike, just a different bracket. If you have a 180mm tire bike, it sticks out pretty far.

The good news is you can change the belt without taking the pipe off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bassani pipe scrapes

Hi HC, have pipe on 2011 vegas 8 ball, managed to raise pipe 3/4 inch by placing jack under collector, and slightly jacked pipe up loosened mounting bolts first didnt loosen exhaust flanges,pipe came up about 3/4 inch without to much pressure on it. Then redrilled mounting bolt holes, to hold pipe in higher position, raised pipe about 1 inch at rear, also drilled hole where pipe touched down and added 5/ 16 SS dome nut to act as rubbing block when pipe touches........This has made it a lot better than what is was Cheers..............

·
Registered
25 Posts
Meanmother, would you mind posting a pic of your new mount setup? I've scraped mine a couple of times in the few months since I put the 2>1 on. Pretty unsettling when you scrape that hard mounted pipe!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bassani pipe scrapes

I just redrilled existing holes down about a extra 1/2 inch and gently raised pipe with jack and timber then bolted it down in that position, also discovered can gain extra height by increasing rear shock preload by turning adjuster rings down about 2 to 3 rings, raised rear end about 3/4 inch, now have better clearance still scrapes occasionly but much better now...............

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the 2>1 shorty and I have had no scraping issues what so ever. It seems to sit higher on the bike than the stock exhaust did IMO.
I've scraped my peg, but not the pipe. IDK, I'm also nearly a "scarf in the wind" so that might be a reason too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts