Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really LOVE the X roads but I hate that black wedge "thing" that protects the battery. So my ?? is has anyone ever relocated the battery to some other place and removed the wedge thing?? I did a search and found nothing.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Not to my knowledge and I can't think of any place it would fit on the bike. Not saying it can't be done though. You might be able to put it in one of the saddlebags or the trunk.

You can paint the chin fairing or chrome the side pieces if that's something would help you like it better.

I like the design personally. It helps keep the center of gravity low and I like the looks. They do look nice painted to match the bike too.

Are you currently use to a different brand?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this time I do not ride anything. I like the lines of the XR but not the chin fairing. If I can just figure out how to remove it. It is not on the Vegas or Jackpot so why did VIC place the battery there in the front on the XR?? Why not under the seat?? I though about chroming it but how would that look and at what cost??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem with going with the Kingpin is I like the bagger look and VIC does not sell it in black. I was looking into the HD Roadking till I drove past a VIC dealer in Westminster, MD. I just do not understand why they put the batt up front on the XR.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
At this time I do not ride anything. I like the lines of the XR but not the chin fairing. If I can just figure out how to remove it. It is not on the Vegas or Jackpot so why did VIC place the battery there in the front on the XR?? Why not under the seat?? I though about chroming it but how would that look and at what cost??
Under the seat is not only to high up, and to far back for really goood weight ditribution. There is a shock, fulcrum, and link there already. There is mre then just the battery housed in the chin area, and while anything can be done. It is gonna be a bitch to do a major redesign. Personally I had no issue with the cow catcher, but I am not a big fan of the highway bars. So I pulled them, and love the look
As for it not being on the Vegas based bikes. The entire bike is different starting with the cast frame

Attachments

·
Registered
12,202 Posts

Not only would the cost of chroming those pieces be prohibitive, it would make them way more obvious and attention getting. I have never had anyone make a negative comment about that or anything on my bike, it's always the opposite with, "what a beautiful bike." Another advantage of that arrangement, in addition to Kevin's comments, is it prevents splash up from the front wheel messing up the engine, making for easy clean ups. I think that was a great location for that heavy battery. thumb up

·
Registered
372 Posts
[/B]
Not only would the cost of chroming those pieces be prohibitive, it would make them way more obvious and attention getting. I have never had anyone make a negative comment about that or anything on my bike, it's always the opposite with, "what a beautiful bike." Another advantage of that arrangement, in addition to Kevin's comments, is it prevents splash up from the front wheel messing up the engine, making for easy clean ups. I think that was a great location for that heavy battery. thumb up
I seen one on a bike that the owner had chromed and it looked AWSOME. He chromed the passenger floor board brackets and something else if I remember right and it was all well under a grand. All where your priority's are for making your bike your own.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Lol

LOL. This thread is hilarious! :ltr: Are the tires the right shade of gray? Is the chrome too shiny? :ltr:

As far as the battery goes, why not move it to the handle bars? That way you have easy access and can keep an eye on it. :ltr:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This thread is a simple question on asking if someone can move the batt to a different location on a bike and if not what can be done about the chin fairing. It is a simple question that does not need your crap remarks CrossRoads. If you have nothing positive to contribute then SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE and do not post on my thread!!!! I am on hear to learn about VICs before I purchase one. If I want garbage comments from idiots like CroseRoads then I can go get on the HD forums. Enough said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
40XC, I thought about chroming the chin fairing but am afraid it will look like a Harley style V-Rod. Can always photo shop on a pic and see what it would look like. I like the chroming of the passenger peg supports. Would like to get the passenger floor boards in chrome also.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
This thread is a simple question on asking if someone can move the batt to a different location on a bike and if not what can be done about the chin fairing. It is a simple question that does not need your crap remarks CrossRoads. If you have nothing positive to contribute then SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE and do not post on my thread!!!! I am on hear to learn about VICs before I purchase one. If I want garbage comments from idiots like CroseRoads then I can go get on the HD forums. Enough said.
Hold on there Hangman. If you have been following this and other threads in this forum, nowhere will you read vitriol like you just laid on us - yes us. If it's your nature to childishly blow off like that and not see the humor in someone's comment, then you are invited to not purchase a Victory and stay far away from this forum. However, if you do pass on a Victory, you'll be missing out on an excellent machine. If you do decide to buy and use this forum, be as gentlemanly as you see the rest of us being. In other words, cool it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW RICZ!! My "childishly" remark was to Crossroad and not "US". I asked a simple question and got his remarks to which I found to be neither funny nor helpfull. I am glad , RICZ, that I have your "invite" to purchase a VIC and even to post on here. I know why don't you, RICZ, COOL IT!! Oh and try not talking to people like they are your child. You are no better then him. Good buy

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
hangman, this is no longer your thread. You may be the original poster, but once you start a thread it's in the forums' ownership. And btw, there is no rule that you can only post if you have "positive" comments. Your comment alone is nowhere near positive.

It sounds like you dream of owning a motorcycle, but are using the battery location as an excuse not to buy one - or maybe you're not 18 yet - who knows? Anyway, I'm not here to judge. But if your skin's that thin and can't take a poke, then don't post questions, or you'll end up with a very bruised ego. If we're too rough for you, try a scooter forum. They're more patient and understanding there than us brutes. :ltr:

WOW RICZ!! My "childishly" remark was to Crossroad and not "US". I asked a simple question and got his remarks to which I found to be neither funny nor helpfull. I am glad , RICZ, that I have your "invite" to purchase a VIC and even to post on here. I know why don't you, RICZ, COOL IT!! Oh and try not talking to people like they are your child. You are no better then him. Good buy
Good buy? :ltr: No further comments. :crzy: :ltr:

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I second everything Crossroad wrote and if by "Good buy" you meant that a Victory motorcycle is a good buy, I have to agree. But if you really meant to write "good bye" then I say to you, Good Riddance." We don't need egotistical hot heads on "our" forum.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I second everything Crossroad wrote and if by "Good buy" you meant that a Victory motorcycle is a good buy, I have to agree. But if you really meant to write "good bye" then I say to you, Good Riddance." We don't need egotistical hot heads on "our" forum.
How much money are you guys making on advertisments on "your Forum" Just starting chit being that the admin is on vacation. But in Hang's defense he asked a question got several good responses and options and then cross steps in and offers his 2 cents which wern't worth .00000000000000000000000000000000000002 cents. Just my opinion flame away were on the internet eeehhhhh. cheerswac

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
How much money are you guys making on advertisments on "your Forum" Just starting chit being that the admin is on vacation. But in Hang's defense he asked a question got several good responses and options and then cross steps in and offers his 2 cents which wern't worth .00000000000000000000000000000000000002 cents. Just my opinion flame away were on the internet eeehhhhh. cheerswac
This, and every forum, belongs to those who participate, the Administrator doesn't "own" it, he moderates it. Anyone can step in and offer their civil 2 cents worth and shouldn't have to be subjected to the meanness that came from hangman. Ever since I've joined this forum, I have not seen the likes of that sort of obnoxiousness, and I hope I don't see it again. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Aww Come on guys. A little kumbia my friends......Crossroads was just having a little fun, and no panties were hurt in the making of this thread
:ltr::ltr:

Good one Kevin.

Maybe it's time to close this thread and start again. I see nothing good coming from this one...

I still agree with the statement about having a back up admin for this forum. It's too much for any one person to handle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts