Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Jackpot that stalled on me after it sat in the rain and then almost shut off and gave me the red engine light while riding. I checked the battery cables and they were a little loose so I tightened them down. While doing this I noticed that the wire to the starter was not fully seated in the battery terminal connector. The starter wire and the battery cable just pulled completely out of the "Crimped on and heatshrink wrapped" battery connector. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so did you have to take it to the dealer or do you guys have any recommendations of DIY repairs? I am still under warranty but I really don't want to have to load up the bike on the trailer and drive it an hour and a half to the nearest dealer that I trust.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
you can get a new cable lug from almost any place that sells batteries. Just crimp a new lug on the cable (I would use heatshrink tubing or electrical tape as well to keep moisture and corrosion out of the cable itself), reconnect, and ride. You could even replace the whole cable for a few dollars with a universal part from any place that sells batteries, if you were so inclined. Sure wouldn't throw money at a dealer or anyone else for such a simple fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts