Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my Cross Country and I noticed that the Battery Tender charging cable is coming out the front of the chin spoiler. Is that where it should be? Seems like a bad place for it. I know on our Vegas it comes out the left side by the seat. I'd like to move it to a different location. Where should it be?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I ran mine to come out by the brake fluid reservoir by the right floorboard. It’s zip tied on. Works great.

Condoms prevent Minivans.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
This is not everyone's cup of tea, but in 21 years of smart-charging and wearing heated vests/liners, I still maintain that -- if you want this dual-purpose setup:

1) Under the left thigh is ideal, and;
2) A Powerlet (DIN-something these days) outlet (and corresponding male plug on both heated gear and a smart-charger) is the way to go.

I have a gallery on doing this, with captions and links:

Victory Powerlet in Side Cover

As you'll note at the end of the gallery, @LILMAGS500 took me up on this mod, too.

And as you'll note in the first pic, I did this on a 2007 maxi-scooter, and did it again on a second maxi-scooter that I bought two years ago.

That's my $.02, anyway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The charging cable comes out where ever you want it to come out.

On my 2012 CCT, it's zip tied near the rear brake. Not too bad. Just reroute it to where ever is handy for you.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I second the advice from bdbaggr - Use the cigarette lighter type socket on the lower left of the inner fairing. This is an unswitched connection to the battery and works perfectly with a batter tender or smart trickle charger. I have two 2012 XCT bikes that I charge this way. Another two came with pigtails that are tucked under the front of the right footbed in this little space near where the highway bar connects to the frame. All of these work but why deal with a pigtail when the lighter socket works perfectly. You can find online the adapter to go from the "normal" battery tender type connection to the cigarette lighter insert.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have mine routed behind the battery and into the compartment behind it and forward of the engine under the plastic flap lid to help better protect it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Mine routed like Dusty when I bought the bike. I see no reason to change it. Battery tender sits on the left floorboard while the bike sits over winter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. Guess I'll get in there and move the cable. Was just curious where it is located from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
It's not located anywhere from the factory. It's typically a dealer installed item. So wherever that particular dealer may have installed it is where it is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh. Our Vegas came with it. So I assumed they all did.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh. Our Vegas came with it. So I assumed they all did.

Dealer installed mine also. Right side, same as Dusty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts