Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that when I parked on clean cement that there was a couple acid drips.Rode it again then placed a paper plate under it and it dripped again.Not much just a drop or two.
Is this normal or is there a problem?
I keep the bike on a Tender and the volt meter when running never gets over 14.2 volts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
With a sealed battery no way is it normal. You need to get the battery out and neutralize the battery acid if it is on any thing on your bike fast. The acid will not stop corroding metal parts until completely neutralized the foaming acid spray is the best for detection as it changes color with contact.

·
13,003 Posts
Baking Soda will neutralize the acid
I wonder what you have for battery

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took battery out and everything looked good not cracked.Only thing I found was cables werent real tight.Clean it all up.Going to get a new battery asap.This
one is the original 5-6 yrs old.Bike is a 2011.

·
13,003 Posts
like I said Backing Soda will neutralize it and then flush with water

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Place star type lock washers under the battery bolts. Those bolts have a tendency to loosen, so check them often.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something I am not seeing here. How do you know it was battery acid? Could it be a weeping of oil fm somewhere?
Jim
Acid tastes different from oil

·
13,003 Posts
if you put Baking Soda on aicd it will bubble up if you put it on oil or water it does nothing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts