Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having trouble with my 2004 Vegas not starting. I thought right away it was the battery because you could hit the starter and it would turn over a couple times then nothing, turn off/on the ignition and it would repeat and finally catch and start. I replaced the battery and yep it did it again a few days later. I bypassed everything by crossing the starter relay and it still did it.

I noticed the negative ground went to the inside of the primary and it was acting like a bad ground so I took the one allen screw out and pulled the tab of the cable out and there was nothing there to make sure of a ground. The cable was just screwed against the inner primary. WTF. I added a star washer between the cable and inner primary and now the bike turns over like it should and starts instantly.

I'm posting this for someone that's fighting an electrical gremlin is start with the positive and negative battery cables at BOTH ends.

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went on a 300 mile ride yesterday and zero problems. Nice when a fix is simple and cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts