Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just inherited this bike from my late father bike has been sitting for a few years trying to go thru it and get it road worthy again noticed the negative terminal is melted on the battery any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Get a new battery. It is less than $100 and you clearly need one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve already ordered on but trying to figure out what’s causing the post to melt

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Am I smoking crack or is the battery hooked up backwards, and the negative connector is hooked up to the + terminal on the battery?

And, as @Vinish said: you're gonna need a new battery there :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I smoking crack or is the battery hooked up backwards, and the negative connector is hooked up to the + terminal on the battery?

And, as @Vinish said: you're gonna need a new battery there :)
No I’m holding the negative away but from looking at it that’s what I thought as well.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Is it crack or lsd that makes you see things? In any case, quit. It's correct.

Melted like that had to be really bad arcing. High current with a solid connection on the battery would have toasted wiring or the breaker first. To my thinking anyway.

PS. Get any old fuel out of the bike before you try starting it. Full tank of fresh gas, injector cleaner and gas line antifreeze.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it crack or lsd that makes you see things? In any case, quit. It's correct.

Melted like that had to be really bad arcing. High current with a solid connection on the battery would have toasted wiring or the breaker first. To my thinking anyway.

PS. Get any old fuel out of the bike before you try starting it. Full tank of fresh gas, injector cleaner and gas line antifreeze.
Thank you 🙏 I’m gonna get to it this week I truly appreciate all of y’all feed back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts