Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to run the engine for a few minutes. Battery was completely dead. Ordered a new one, received it, and put it on trickle charge prior to installing.

Picked up this bike used. Previous owner didn't appear to be much of a wrench. Example: Rear wheel was way out of alignment. So much so that the bike steered to the left. Anyway, I'm saying this because this is my first Victory and I have no idea what the original configuration looks like.

Rant on.

Changing batteries should be a five or ten minute job. This job took almost an hour. The box the battery sits in is very tight. It should have a large slot cut in the bottom so you can push the battery up slightly to aid in removal. The lip at the bottom of the box shouldn't be there. It serves no purpose. The battery is adequately retained by the plate that you have to remove to pull the battery out.

I ended up using a flat head to wedge the battery up and out.

Installing the new battery was a reverse of removal.

Accessing the terminals was problematic in that the space was tight, threading the bolt into the nut from the top.

My opinion is that the packaging engineers never peer reviewed this design.

Rant off.

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
There are a few areas that could have used a bit more thought. I found removing and installing the rear wheel on my Kingpin to be a bigger job than it should have been. A bit more refinement wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have only owned a King Pin and XC and while the XC Battery is a bit time consuming with the Chin Fairing, the KP Battery was the easiest Change ever done on any Motorcycle ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts