Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2011 Vegas 8-Ball and was planning on a 2,000 mile trip. Is the stock battery sufficient or do I need an upgrade (the trip will mostly occur in the winter months).

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Just bought my 2011 Vegas 8-Ball and was planning on a 2,000 mile trip. Is the stock battery sufficient or do I need an upgrade (the trip will mostly occur in the winter months).
The trip will mostly occur in the winter months? So you're taking a 2000 mile trip that not only will stretch over winter months, but it will go beyond that? What trip is this? Are you pushing the bike around the country?

If you're planning to ride the bike, the battery will be just fine. But from your post, it sounds like you're up for some strange "trip." Please give us more info. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trip will mostly occur in the winter months? So you're taking a 2000 mile trip that not only will stretch over winter months, but it will go beyond that? What trip is this? Are you pushing the bike around the country?

If you're planning to ride the bike, the battery will be just fine. But from your post, it sounds like you're up for some strange "trip." Please give us more info. :)

ha! No "tripping" on my part on my planned trip. Just riding from Colorado-Kansas-Tennesse-North Carolina-Virginia and back home to Colorado. I bought all the necessary warm gear and have plenty of time to accomplish this ride. Come to think of it, it may be more than 2,000 miles....still in the planning phases.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
ha! No "tripping" on my part on my planned trip. Just riding from Colorado-Kansas-Tennesse-North Carolina-Virginia and back home to Colorado. I bought all the necessary warm gear and have plenty of time to accomplish this ride. Come to think of it, it may be more than 2,000 miles....still in the planning phases.
Should be a fun ride. Cold weather does not harm batteries. Batteries get weak and need to be on a tender during winter because the bikes don't get ridden during winter (well, in general). Since you'll be riding the bike, you have nothing to worry about - except snow, ice, and black ice. Wishing you a safe and fun trip. cheers

·
13,185 Posts
I have a 08 with the stock battery and 20 thousand miles on it.
The more you ride your bike the battery doesn't mind.
Charging it over the winter keeps it up
Battery's only have a good three to five year life span weather you have heated clothing or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts