Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,after 6 years,I guess it's time to replace the battery on the 8 Ball. I was wondering if you folks have any preferences?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well,after 6 years,I guess it's time to replace the battery on the 8 Ball. I was wondering if you folks have any preferences?
I've heard all good on the YUASA (which last I knew are what Vic batteries are). The Odyssey also. I replaced both of mine 3 years back with Westco's which at that time were 87 a pop, free shipping. So far so good. They are expensive but I think batteries is an area where you really don't want to skimp.

jb

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard all good on the YUASA (which last I knew are what Vic batteries are). The Odyssey also. I replaced both of mine 3 years back with Westco's which at that time were 87 a pop, free shipping. So far so good. They are expensive but I think batteries is an area where you really don't want to skimp.

jb
Thanks for the input jb. It's great to hear from ya!!! How's life??:D

·
Premium Member
13,284 Posts
I've been thinking about going with a dry cell battery next. But hopefully that won't be for a while yet.

http://www.shoraipower.com/default.aspx

And it's an Odyssey! Supposed to be good for up to 12 years. Seems like a good deal for $137.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Vic8 I shopped for a battery at BatteryMart.com
http://www.batterymart.com/c-polaris-motorcycle-batteries.html The battery shipped for free and it was about 85.00. They list replacements for the victory lineup, have a nice website and use the maintenance free absorbed mat technology. I have had it for a couple years now and keep it on a battery tender during the winter months. I hope you find this helpful. I'm glad for the light winter we can get with the ride earlier this year. thumb up . Mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wowza, the ShoraiUSA batteries for my 2002 C bike is $250 and $275. I haven't had much luck with Odyssey...many others have used them and like them. Here's what I look for when buying ay battery for my '02.
o Victory PN 4011496 for 100 ci motors 310 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA).
o Yuasa - YTX20HL-BS has 320 CCA
o Xtreme Permaseal High Performance Powersport Battery - XTAX20HL-BS has 310 CCA

·
13,031 Posts
PLEASE what ever you do DO NOT those battery's off ebay where you add fluid. Don't buy and battery that you have to add fluid to there all junk and a pain in the ass .

Buy Sealed Battery and your done with it and they last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts