Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jackpot was siting for the last month, when I went to start it yesterday, dead battery, I charged it up and it seems ok.

The only thing that I see on a Jackpot which would require energy is the clock, so my question is?

Do any of you leave your bikes on battery tenders ALL the time? Especially a Jackpot, Hammer or Vegas? What else would drain a battery on a Jackpot?

FYI 2011 Jackpot

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not all the time, but when I know I'm not going to be riding for a few days I'll hook it up. Cold winter weather is harder on batteries...sitting for a month I could see where the battery could be dead.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My Jackpot was siting for the last month, when I went to start it yesterday, dead battery, I charged it up and it seems ok.

The only thing that I see on a Jackpot which would require energy is the clock, so my question is?

Do any of you leave your bikes on battery tenders ALL the time? Especially a Jackpot, Hammer or Vegas? What else would drain a battery on a Jackpot?

FYI 2011 Jackpot
I just changed oil,put stabil in the tank,run it up on the lift,plugged the tender in and won't start it again until next March or April.Batt. will drain themselves due to internal resistance over time without any kind of a load.A tender will put out enough current to offset the load of clocks,security ststems etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts