Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with batwings on XR's ? Memphis Shades ? others ?...quality, fit etc. All I want is the shell...no radio,GPS, etc.

The only ones I have ever tried were H/D OEM's ...could look for another but would need to fab some mount.....gittin' lazy I guess so thought I'd look for a drop on.

Ron

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have the Victory fairing on my CR. It is easy to remove, 5 minutes tops. It is light also with no radio. It does have an inner fairing, but is in all honesty, a little flimsy. The fairing itself is rugged and looks good. The only drawback to me, is the headlight sticks out the front and is not flush.
I have seen the Wide Open Customs fairing too. It is very nice quality and the headlight sits flush. But it does have a full stereo system and will be somewhat heavier.
I'm not sure if there are any other direct bolt on fairings for the XR.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i have a tsukayu fairing on my xr and i like it they r having a sell right now for bout 500

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a tsukayu fairing on my xr and i like it they r having a sell right now for bout 500
Thanks!...that sounds like what I'm looking for. As I do not want the inner fairing panel & or radio. How tall is the windshield on yours ? Does it hit / interfere with your speedo?...I also have the tach, but as per the picture see no reason why it should...even though there is a caution about it on the site.

I sent them an e-mail...inquiring about it...including available shields & perhaps painted to match.

Ron

·
Registered
869 Posts
it toke bout 4-5 weeks to get and i the only prblem i had with it was a clamp broke on it i emailed them a pix of it and they sent me 2 clamps no charge

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Victory fairing on my CR. It is easy to remove, 5 minutes tops. It is light also with no radio. It does have an inner fairing, but is in all honesty, a little flimsy. The fairing itself is rugged and looks good. The only drawback to me, is the headlight sticks out the front and is not flush.
I have seen the Wide Open Customs fairing too. It is very nice quality and the headlight sits flush. But it does have a full stereo system and will be somewhat heavier.
I'm not sure if there are any other direct bolt on fairings for the XR.
Did you relocate the speedo? What clamp would I need? I'm thinking about putting it on my handlebar along with my tacho.

·
Registered
355 Posts
let me get back with you on this. I have the vic one and a bunch of pictures at home

1 - 13 of 13 Posts