Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered up a Memphis shades locking plate kit for the other Victory that shares the same style/size front forks, as Memphis shades does not sell a locking kit or batwing for a Boardwalk and after talking to their rep I got the impression they don't plan on making one anytime soon.
Anyhow I have a batwing that I had on my old 09Yam. 950-T and after test fitting it I belive it should fit.
Will know more by late afternoon saturday, as I have to put in my morning shift at the Veterans home before I can work on the bike.
Will try and post photos of either suggest or failure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A couple more shots.
This is the Memphis shades I had purchased for the 09 yamaha 950-T I traided in on this bike.
Need to cut the wind screen down about 4 inches so I can see over it instead of looking though it.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Anytime you prove 2 companies wrong and are happy with the end result. Well great job and kudos to you sir. Looks good to by the way.

2000 V92SC in Middle, TN

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Great job Red , looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Before you cut that windshield down, look into either lowering the spedo or replacing it with a smaller unit from Dakota Digital. Then the fairing will lay back more instead of standing straight up and down. Not only will it look much better (imo) but if you do it, you will want the taller shield.

Just a thought. I went throuh this with my 05 KP that had a Wide Open Customs fairing on it.

Looks good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The faring has been adjusted so it is tilted in as far as the mounts will let it, that is why there is such a wide gap between the faring and the headlight.
I tried mounting the Memphis shades tunes system I have for this batwing but it covers speedo.
But thanks for the heads up on a smaller speedo, I will check into it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bend the speedo bezel down flat to the headlight. Thats what i did to the Highball and it fits great. Its a thin piece of metal (The speedo bracket). Apply pressure slowly and it will flatten down. You can still see the speedo just fine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I rode a Boardwalk last weekend at a Victory demo ride. Riding a Boardwalk has some hidden benefits. It teaches you the proper grip for bench pressing free weights. I may be able to eventually get used to those beach bars but if you already have, you're ahead of the game. Nice looking bike...great job!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I rode a Boardwalk last weekend at a Victory demo ride. Riding a Boardwalk has some hidden benefits. It teaches you the proper grip for bench pressing free weights. I may be able to eventually get used to those beach bars but if you already have, you're ahead of the game. Nice looking bike...great job!
At least that fairing will take away the human parachute aspect of the BW ride. I think it fits that bike pretty well. Hopefully the aftermarketers will start adding a vent option for those like the new Harleys to help mitigate the wind buffeting, but with a tall windshield shown in the pics, that shouldn't be a problem for folks shorter than Shaq anyway.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I need to know if I have to remove the speedo from the attaching bracket before attempting to bed the bracket downward.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is still by far my favorite idea for a BW. Still considering doing this over the lock and ride mid windshield.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts