Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas.

I've been lurking for a while, trying to learn everything I can about Victory Motorcycles.

I've owned Japanese cruisers, sportbikes, an old school hardtail chopper, and currently own a 2008 Harley Davidson XL1200C Sportster.

I have the Sportster set up for 2 up riding and while it does the trick, I've wanted a bagger for some time now. It's always been a Street Glide that I've had my eye on. That was, until a couple of months ago when a co-worker took me to one of the Victory demo ride days.

At that point I was really interested in the Magnum, so it was the first bike I rode. Unfortunately, I was not impressed at all. The suspension was terrible and the handling wasn't much better. You're probably thinking, "WTF, this guy rides a Sportie!", but I put Progressive 440HD shocks and Progressive fork springs on my Sportster because I knew the stock suspension was terrible.

After my disappointment with the Magnum, the guys convinced me to give the regular 2015 Cross Country a try, so I did...........

............and I was hooked. Loved the ride and handling!!!

Since that day, I've spent way too many hours to mention searching for the bike I wanted. But, I think I may have found it. Currently looking at a used 2014 Cross Country Suede Silver w/ Flames with 2500 miles.

We shall see what the next few weeks bring.......

Looking forward to being a fellow Victory Motorcycle owner.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome! I wasn't overly impressed with the Magnum either so I opted for 2014 XC as well. Something is up with the suspension on the Magnum... I know guys on here that run 2" lowered XC's and say it rides just fine with proper air to weight ratio in the shock. The Magnum I rode had 10lbs in the shock but felt like it had 100lbs. I am lowering my XC 1.5" this weekend but unfortunately due to the -20c temps and 10" of snow I won't know how it rides till March sometime. Enjoy your purchase and I hope we can educate you on your new steed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! I wasn't overly impressed with the Magnum either so I opted for 2014 XC as well. Something is up with the suspension on the Magnum... I know guys on here that run 2" lowered XC's and say it rides just fine with proper air to weight ratio in the shock. The Magnum I rode had 10lbs in the shock but felt like it had 100lbs. I am lowering my XC 1.5" this weekend but unfortunately due to the -20c temps and 10" of snow I won't know how it rides till March sometime. Enjoy your purchase and I hope we can educate you on your new steed.
Interesting. I guess that's the trade off, huh? Sacrificing performance for looks...

Glad it wasn't just me. The sales guy blamed it on the 21" front wheel, but my Sportster also has a that size and handles just fine.

Snows coming my way too, but that allows for easier negotiations with motorcycle dealers. LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I am lowering my XC 1.5" this weekend but unfortunately due to the -20c temps and 10" of snow I won't know how it rides till March sometime..
Travis , you are done for the Season ??? If so that sucks Brother . I'm just hoping for no snow for awhile , I will brave the cold . ;)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Yeah Mags... The next time I ride my bike will be in March at Phoenix bike week. We woke up to this nonsense 3 days ago... ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1415736423.006085.jpg
The good news is I am turning my other bike...
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1415736458.504370.jpg
Into one of these
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1415736612.210607.jpg :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome aboard Astra !cheers
Thanks.

Your bike is the perfect color (ie. same that I'm looking at).

Edited to add that I just put a deposit down.:clap:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks.

Your bike is the perfect color (ie. same that I'm looking at).

Edited to add that I just put a deposit down.:clap:
Thank you , I love the color . Even when its a little dirty it still looks clean , hides dirt , grime and dust quite nicely ....

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Mags if you have ever been sledding its awesome!!! The only thing better than a snowmobile in the mountains... IS A SNOWBIKE!!! Brapppp! So yes I am sad I can't ride my Vic but luckily I have a winter hobby. I just got that KTM 450 specifically for building a snowbike. Next year I am hopping to have a turbo on it. 100hp 300lb snow rocket!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just picked up my "new to me" 2014 Cross Country on Saturday.

2014 Cross Country with 2500 miles on it
Stage 1 with Tri-ovals
Factory hard lowers
Victory Backrest
Ness Mirrors

Proud owner of 2 American made motorcycles!

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Nice looking bike, how do you like the pipes...:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Astra, I was the same. test rode a Cc 8-ball and was impressed by that. I came off a Vstar cruiser (which I still have) and loved the CCTour I bought. it had everything I was looking and then some. I found a 2012 CCTour with 14K miles. Enjoy the ride and ride long

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looking bike, how do you like the pipes...:)
So, I currently have my Harley and it basically has straight pipes and I love the noise...LOL.

That being said, I know my XC will never sound like a Harley.

I think the Tri-oval pipes sound really good when you get on the throttle. It is a nice, clean, low rumble.

I do wish that they were a tad bit louder though, but they will work for now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Astra, I was the same. test rode a Cc 8-ball and was impressed by that. I came off a Vstar cruiser (which I still have) and loved the CCTour I bought. it had everything I was looking and then some. I found a 2012 CCTour with 14K miles. Enjoy the ride and ride long
Thanks. Congrats on your new ride too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts