Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
My butt has a better built in dyno than I thought. I said when I rode it that other than off the line it really didn't feel anymore powerful than a Vic and voila, it's not:

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Sheesh! Bring up a subject and there's Saddlebag with graphs and charts. He never fails to disappoint with that. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
The Injin torque at 2700 (right where I ride) rather than vics 4250 torque peak turns me on more than four HP at 5250 on the Vic.
Lets try to compare HP and torque at the same Rpm.
The Injin graph looks like the Kawasaki 2000. Low RPM tree puller. But no top end. The Vic graph looks like a V rod.
Or maybe Im reading it wrong. Dyno wyno . Get them to the 1/8 mile track and short shift the Injin.
But like I said Im old and loaded.cheersthumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Get them to the 1/8 mile track and short shift the Injin.
Eggzachry. I mentioned this before. A lot of guys coming off big twins seem to prefer engines with big torque they can short shift so that the engine never feels stressed. I OTOH, really like upper part of the Vic's rev range. Reminds me a lot of a BMW twin.

I'm not one for the stoplight to stoplight racing or trying to improve 1/8 mile times. I'm all about strafing the twisty mountain roads and Vic's engine works ideally with the bike in such applications IMHO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Injin torque at 2700 (right where I ride) rather than vics 4250 torque peak turns me on more than four HP at 5250 on the Vic.
Lets try to compare HP and torque at the same Rpm.
The Injin graph looks like the Kawasaki 2000. Low RPM tree puller. But no top end. The Vic graph looks like a V rod.
Or maybe Im reading it wrong. Dyno wyno . Get them to the 1/8 mile track and short shift the Injin.
But like I said Im old and loaded.cheersthumb up
I came from a Vulcan 2000 and have missed it's massive low-end TQ. Even with all the mods to my Vic, it's all for upper rpm power. My demo ride on the Indian reminded me of the Vulcan. There's a 2015 Vintage in my future.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I came from a Vulcan 2000 and have missed it's massive low-end TQ. Even with all the mods to my Vic, it's all for upper rpm power. My demo ride on the Indian reminded me of the Vulcan. There's a 2015 Vintage in my future.
Amen pet, I came from a Rocket lll and know what your saying.
New Injin for me too when I hear some more riders reports.thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Pompano Indian

I visited the new Indian dealership today in Pompano Florida. I was impressed with the building design and curb appeal. When I entered it was like entering a mini HD showroom. It was inviting and bright with some Indian apparel and a few old Indians on display. A 47, a 41 and I think a 37 were on the floor.

Almost every new Indian on the show room had a sold sticker on it. The Harley's that were traded in and put in the parking lot for used inventory looked dated compared to the new Chiefs. These bikes are stunning and different than the previous Indian models. Fit and finish are as good as any new HD. The detail on the motors bits and pieces were definitely not overlooked. When one was started you couldn't help but grin. The motor is smooth and the exhaust note about perfect. When I sat on the Chieftain it fit me better than my Cross Country. I only wish I had the time for a demo ride as they offer them daily. Best I didn't being on the clock. All I could think of was how I could get one of these in my garage next to my XC.

The Chieftain is the big winner here IMHO but the Vintage is as cool as it gets for an old classic look. I can hardly wait and see what Polaris has coming down the road for both their MC lines. By the way this dealer states that Victory will be sharing the floor with these Indians in the very near future. Great Idea cause it looks like there in need of additional inventory. From what I see these Indians are priced to sell and that's what seems to be happening in this dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts