Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have done quite a bit of changes on my 09 Vegas 8-ball. I thought I would post some pics of before and after. Of course, I am still waiting to install my black speedo and a few more things, but here is what I had done as of yesterday...

Before: drap bars, ugly amber turn signals, 180 rear tire, shotgun pipes, "chrome" wedges, HORRIBLE sissy bar, uncomfortable grips, factory cam covers, factory mirrors, passenger seat (which i will use if wife rides with me), factory pegs, OEM red rear taillight.

After: High Ball mini-apes, LED turn signals under triple tree, 200 rear tire, hacker zoomies pipes, blacked out wedges, no sissy bar or rear seat, arlen ness holeshot grips pegs cam covers, arlen ness rad 3 tear drop mirrors, clear taillight, blacked out fork covers indicator cover and soon to be speedo, saddle bag attached to swingarm, LED kit that strobes, breaths or stays on constant.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks great man! Does the 200 fit on the stock rim without any clearance problems? I might throw one on when its time to change the back tire if all it is, is buying a larger tire. I like your swingarm bag also. I bought a swingarm bag off of vikingbags just to put a few small things in. I mounted it and it works alright it's just a little low so it drags and now I have a small hole in it that I need to patch up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great man! Does the 200 fit on the stock rim without any clearance problems? I might throw one on when its time to change the back tire if all it is, is buying a larger tire. I like your swingarm bag also. I bought a swingarm bag off of vikingbags just to put a few small things in. I mounted it and it works alright it's just a little low so it drags and now I have a small hole in it that I need to patch up.
yea the 200 fits fine. the tire was a 180/55 i went with the 200/50 so i had no issues. my bag sat too low first and i have a hole i had to fix too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
lol glad I'm not the only one that's made that mistake. I just told myself it's because I can corner so awesome. haha. I have a friend that has a Vulcan 500 and she is still learning how how to ride. Corners seem to give her the hardest time because she feels unstable (Thinks she is going to tip over). I told her it was all in her mind and that I could scrape the peg feelers on both sides. Well she didn't believe me so I took her out on it and scraped both sides. I told her it's her goal now to be comfortable going that low if the corner requires it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Going up 2 tire sizes isn't gonna make you corner better it'll make it worse as it will mushroom the tire. The tire will sit taller and your handling will suffer...

2012 Hammer 8 ball

1 - 14 of 14 Posts