396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone bought or tried on one of these
helments? from what i can find on the internet
is some good and some not so good reviews.:confused:

·
Registered
368 Posts
If these are the one's with the material and embroidered logo's on them, I tried one at a local shop, liked the looks of the, but they seemed a bit heavy and didn't sit down on my head right, so it was pretty "mushroomy" looking. Thought they were a bit overpriced too considering other 1/2 helmet options.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i have the Bell Drifter in Matt black. In terms of half helmets it was very good. The dot helmets all give a bit of muchroom head but the helmet looks so good it takes away from it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Bell B-17 "Street and Steel" which is the exact same helmet. I actually really like mine. No issues with it parachuting on me going down the freeway. I got mine at the Navy Exchange though for a considerably better deal than the online listings I'm seeing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have one and like it, i usually wear an XL but my first one would parachute at high speeds and it was a bit of a mushroom. If photobucket was working I would have posted a pic.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went to the local shop to look at possibly getting a new helmet for the season.
I tried one of these on because I have always liked the look of them.
This helmet sits on top of your head, not in a good/safe way. It didn't feel like
it would stay stable on your head at speed. It also felt like it was about 2 inches above my ears.
Though I love the look of it, it's not for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts