Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the style of some of the waxed cotton riding jackets, but I'm unclear on whether they're still relevant gear, or in the age of Gore-Tex they're more just form over function?

Does anyone have any personal experience with them? (ie, cleaning, having to re-wax, sticky?) Thank you! thumb up

Note: I'm a year-round rider, so while I don't purposely look to ride in rainstorms, temp & weather-protection is a factor for me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
A friend of mine has a Belstaff waxed cotton riding jacket. He says it's pretty great in bad weather. He's one of those weird Triumph guys tho, so who knows lol

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had one...it leaked. The dealer made it right...no complaints..but I just never had the nerve to try another. I'm told they do need re-waxing from time to time. In some ways I think they are more nostalgic than [useful] ? the modern textiles are hard to beat.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yea when was the last "Scramble" you attended on your street machine? wac
lol yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at with form-over-function... you know, if it's all about the nostalgia but for the sake of practicality whether modern textile jackets are just more sensible?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
got a short version, a knockoff for sure at a little over $100 from aliexpress.com, delivery took a while but it came, pretty nice for the price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts