Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been noticing a noise not a chirp coming from the belt area. I removed the belt guard today to have a look and it appears the belt is slapping on the underside of the guard.

Is something I should be concerned about?
When I had the guard off the bike was on the side stand. I put pressure of the belt downwards and it basically met up with the swingarm. Seems kinda loose, but the belt was adjusted at Lloyds this past Oct

·
Registered
837 Posts
Has the bike been lowered? I just found out that lowering the bike---x bike anyway, will cause them to rub against a rib on the belt guard. It can be removed with no problems.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
It may be to loose, but as the belt warms up it tightens up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
So, I forget to check the belt it's done cold correct

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
At the spot exactly between the front and rear pulleys, stand a tape measure extended to at least 2" above the lower span of the belt. Note the dimension on the tape. Press upward with some sort of scale and apply 10 pounds of pressure on the belt where the tape is. If the belt is adjusted properly, it will have raised 1-1/4".

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Pretty sure the manual says for the cross bikes to be in the air.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seems kinda loose, but the belt was adjusted at Lloyds this past Oct
From the conversations I have had with Lloyd, he has mentioned to me more than once to keep the belt loose. He never said why exactly but the conversation was about me breaking my belt.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took her to work today. I had tweak the guard out away from the belt a tiny bit, didn't hear the slap and I hit a good size bump and no slap there. If this is the way lloyds tech set it up, in just going to leave it. I might call them and ask for a proper spec to be in the safe side

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Do you have a owners manual? If not i have an extra one you could have.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
All 8Ball models require the belts to be tighter then other models or the belt slaps the guard on decel ... Reg models should be 12mm of deflection with 10lbs of force at the tightest point , 8Balls , 6mm at the tightest point per my Victory service manual . That's half as much as a non 8Ball model . Sounds like you are running loose .

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Go to the official Victory site and sign up. An owner's manual is a downloadable freebie there. I have mine on a USB thumb type drive so that I can access it anywhere. Who needs the trouble of keeping track of a paper manual? My PC is with me whenever I am not at home so that manual is always available. Belt adjustment is just one of the many helpful topics in there.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All 8Ball models require the belts to be tighter then other models or the belt slaps the guard on decel ... Reg models should be 12mm of deflection with 10lbs of force at the tightest point , 8Balls , 6mm at the tightest point per my Victory service manual . That's half as much as a non 8Ball model . Sounds like you are running loose .
Aint it the low bikes are different spec? Not just cause its an 8 Ball

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Manual said 8Ball models , nothing about low ... I always thought my belt was to tight right from the factory , but after reading the manual , it was just right . If your belt is rubbing the guard , its too loose .

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Kingpin , or Kingpin 8Ball ? They should be listed separately ... Well I guess if your belt is adjusted properly , and it hits the belt guard , you got big problems somewhere .... Hope you get it figured out .

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It doesn't mention the 8 ball at all. Just Vegas and kingpin same, and Vegas low separate. What manual are you looking at?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts