Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am super pissed you have to do too much S**T just to change a damn belt on a X bike. This is the stupidest design by Victory and I am pissed. Why should a person have to remove mufflers, passenger footrest, right side floorboard, and headers to change a damn belt??? Thats the dumbest **** ever!!!

SideNote: Anybody in the bay area feel like coming over to help me with this BS???

·
Registered
204 Posts
You obviously haven't changed a belt on a Harley then...

Belt change on a Victory is a walk in the park in comparison with a touring H-D.

Try, footboards off, saddlebag off, side cover off, muffler off, outer primary cover off, clutch, primary chain and compensator out, inner primary cover off, rear wheel off, swing arm out - then you can pop a new belt on and put all that stuff back on.

Don't be too quick to bag the Vic design!

Russ.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
I am super pissed you have to do too much S**T just to change a damn belt on a X bike. This is the stupidest design by Victory and I am pissed. Why should a person have to remove mufflers, passenger footrest, right side floorboard, and headers to change a damn belt??? Thats the dumbest **** ever!!!

SideNote: Anybody in the bay area feel like coming over to help me with this BS???
Really you don't have to do all of that. Look at it, it could be done on the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

Mate, just pay my ticket, i will do it for free, sleep on your sofa and we go for a ride together to get the smiles back you briefly lost ...

All jokes aside, do it slow and good .... Someone ever lost a finger doing so ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Really you don't have to do all of that. Look at it, it could be done on the side of the road.

Has anyone ever done a write up on how to replace the drive belt, "the easy way"? If so, I sure would like to get a copy in my Victory files on my computer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Belt change on a Victory is a walk in the park in comparison with a touring H-D.

Try, footboards off, saddlebag off, side cover off, muffler off, outer primary cover off, clutch, primary chain and compensator out, inner primary cover off, rear wheel off, swing arm out - then you can pop a new belt on and put all that stuff back on.

Russ.
You're right I haven't. I'm just ranting bro. Everything is easy to do on the bike except the belt removal. I could change the belt without removing the header if not for the passenger footrest that has the stud sticking too far out to remove the bracket for the footrest. The header pipe is blocking it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Not on a X bike. That ain't happening

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Mate, just pay my ticket, i will do it for free, sleep on your sofa and we go for a ride together to get the smiles back you briefly lost ...

All jokes aside, do it slow and good .... Someone ever lost a finger doing so ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Man I'm tempted. I have a nice guest room you can crash with plenty of beer in the fridge.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Has anyone ever done a write up on how to replace the drive belt, "the easy way"? If so, I sure would like to get a copy in my Victory files on my computer.
I would love to see that write up. According to the manual, it doesn't exist.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

Russ.
Yep, PITA!

·
13,003 Posts
Gee you have a peace of cake to put on a new belt. Get a vision and see how much you have to go threw

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
If i remember it correctly it was very clear in the workshopmanual ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
Why change it?...is it damaged?....how many miles on it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why change it?...is it damaged?....how many miles on it?
I have 131k miles on it. I finally got it off although I couldn't get the header off. I was able to move the header just enough to get the passenger footrest and belt off. The belt looked good with no signs of damage.

I'm getting ready to ride across country and wanted to change it out before I get on the road

·
13,003 Posts
if header is loose pull pipes out so you can get sprocket cover off then put on belt. Clean in and behind sprocket

1 - 20 of 22 Posts